Contribute
Register

Soooo.. Did MB 5.0 fix the USB 3.0 for ML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mountain Lion
CPU
Graphics
AMD HD 5670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Currently my ML system is running perfectly.. I used the old MB when I installed..
The only thing that does not work is my USB 3.0 card, which was working on Lion..

Did multibeast 5 fix the issue?
If so, what do i have to do?

Porting your specs. might help... If you're using a Z77 board then no they're not fixed. I hear they're fixed in the update to 10.8.1

Porting your specs. might help... If you're using a Z77 board then no they're not fixed. I hear they're fixed in the update to 10.8.1
what is the issues with 77 board ??? it should be OOB as far as i know ,,,,,,

No.. I have the NEC/Renesas uPD720200..

what is the issues with 77 board ??? it should be OOB as far as i know ,,,,,,

Z77 USB3.0 only works with 3.0 device. It is not backward compatible and many still uses USB 2.0 thus it is unusable for many yet.

I just downloaded MB 5.0.2.. In the menu I chose USB 3.0, and continued the installation and did a reboot (nothing else)..

USB 3.0 still not working..

BTW, I have installed a few USB 3.0 drivers that didn't work before..

So, how to solve the USB 3.0?

I just downloaded MB 5.0.2.. In the menu I chose USB 3.0, and continued the installation and did a reboot (nothing else)..

USB 3.0 still not working..

BTW, I have installed a few USB 3.0 drivers that didn't work before..

So, how to solve the USB 3.0?

i have the same card and the old (dp3 kexts) worked, but not the new mb 5.0.2. i just plugged my drive into a usb 2 port for now. I would rather have ml retail usb kexts than the ones from dp3 just to get usb3 workiing.

Z77 USB3.0 only works with 3.0 device. It is not backward compatible and many still uses USB 2.0 thus it is unusable for many yet.

even if xchi mode>auto , echi> enable ???

with xchi mode> disable ,then should all ports come as usb2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back