Core i7-3612QM / HM77
Graphics
intel 4000 HD 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
good day Colleagues

I came across a strange problem. a couple of days ago I managed to install High Sierra on Sony Vaio SVZ131190X, model year 2012.
I did not modify any USB files I went with the vanilla installation, no config.plist files or anything else was modified.
For some reasons I decided to do it again. now, believe or not I am unable to install it - see the picture attached. there are so few PC settings to modify (bios/uefi) but still no success. could you please tell me how to run the installation with an error log to proceed further ?

Attachments

• tempImageeinVkn.png
    tempImageeinVkn.png
    324.4 KB · Views: 82
just found these points in General Rules section:

15. UniBeast will log to ~/Library/Logs/UniBeast.log which is accessible via the Console application. Any failures or errors will be logged during the appropriate phase.

16. Clover installation logs are written to /var/log/install.log which is accessible via the Console application. Any Clover installation failure logs are written there.

lets see what I have got...

good day Colleagues again,

now I think I tried all options. really cannot imagine how something what used to work (or was installed) now does not. I do not know what I did a couple of days ago that my installation went fine I was happy to have High Sierra on my old sony laptop. now playing several ours with bios settings, trying to launch UniBeast in different constellation I manage to obtain around 60% of primary installation (see picture) just to see the error picture of circle with a line through (first post picture).

still do not know how to move forward/read error logs. could you please give me a hand to go ahead ?

Attachments

• tempImageih5I4C.png
    tempImageih5I4C.png
    354.2 KB · Views: 75
good day Colleagues again,

now I think I tried all options. really cannot imagine how something what used to work (or was installed) now does not. I do not know what I did a couple of days ago that my installation went fine I was happy to have High Sierra on my old sony laptop. now playing several ours with bios settings, trying to launch UniBeast in different constellation I manage to obtain around 60% of primary installation (see picture) just to see the error picture of circle with a line through (first post picture).

still do not know how to move forward/read error logs. could you please give me a hand to go ahead ?
unibeast is for desktop computers

try the link in my signature

really cannot imagine how something what used to work (or was installed) now does not.
Maybe your install media cert expired on 1 Jan 2021? High Sierra support ends in 2021. Try rolling your bios date back.

Before you install, set the clock on the Mac to a date when the certificate was valid, perform the install, and then reset the date back after installation. To change the date from Terminal (which is likely all that will be accessible), follow these steps, which set it to 1 February 2016:
  1. In the installer, choose Utilities > Terminal.
  2. Enter sudo date 0201010116, press Return, and enter your password.
  3. Quit Terminal and continue the install.

I have Catalina running on my 2013 era Vaio Fit 14E touchscreen with Clover.

Maybe your install media cert expired on 1 Jan 2021? High Sierra support ends in 2021. Try rolling your bios date back.

Before you install, set the clock on the Mac to a date when the certificate was valid, perform the install, and then reset the date back after installation. To change the date from Terminal (which is likely all that will be accessible), follow these steps, which set it to 1 February 2016:
  1. In the installer, choose Utilities > Terminal.
  2. Enter sudo date 0201010116, press Return, and enter your password.
  3. Quit Terminal and continue the install.

I have Catalina running on my 2013 era Vaio Fit 14E touchscreen with Clover.
good day phunguss

Many thanks for your inputs. really I appreciate. I went that way, unfortunately no success :(.
now I will try to follow Feartech way

unibeast is for desktop computers

try the link in my signature
good day Fearteach

Ok I started with OpenCore...

1. I believe I read carefully your post #1
2. I created bootable stick
3. I replaced EFI directory with EFI.zip included in your post
4. as you mentioned 'your" EFI included config.plist for skylark architecture, while mine is Ivy bridge, HM77, Intel HD Graphics 4000, Core i7-3612QM
5. you indicate to replace at least 3 lines in "your" config.plist to reflect Ivy Bridge (AAPL,ig-platform-id; device-id; model)
6. now unfortunately I have no idea how I can get proper values for Ivy Bridge.
7. I have got a file "config_HD4000_1600x900.plist.html, found "AAPL,ig-platform-id":

<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>BABmAQ==</data>

should I keyin value of "BABmAQ==" using propertree ? do not think it is the right one ...

8. this site: https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md
provides some info about intel HD Graphics 4000, but again There are no information about the 3 key values required for proper config.plist (AAPL,ig-platform-id; device-id; model))

can you show me the way ?

good day Fearteach

Ok I started with OpenCore...

1. I believe I read carefully your post #1
2. I created bootable stick
3. I replaced EFI directory with EFI.zip included in your post
4. as you mentioned 'your" EFI included config.plist for skylark architecture, while mine is Ivy bridge, HM77, Intel HD Graphics 4000, Core i7-3612QM
5. you indicate to replace at least 3 lines in "your" config.plist to reflect Ivy Bridge (AAPL,ig-platform-id; device-id; model)
6. now unfortunately I have no idea how I can get proper values for Ivy Bridge.
7. I have got a file "config_HD4000_1600x900.plist.html, found "AAPL,ig-platform-id":

<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>BABmAQ==</data>

should I keyin value of "BABmAQ==" using propertree ? do not think it is the right one ...

8. this site: https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md
provides some info about intel HD Graphics 4000, but again There are no information about the 3 key values required for proper config.plist (AAPL,ig-platform-id; device-id; model))

can you show me the way ?
there is quite a bit of information for ivy bridge, maybe best to take a look at:

there is quite a bit of information for ivy bridge, maybe best to take a look at:
Fearteach,

many many tanks. that site is amazing. it allows you to move step by step to finalise your laptop config.
I believe I made a good progress here. my Vaio loads a lot of files, does not stuck immediately.
there is however an issue I came across. in fact many others too - the thread consists of 190 pages -

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

unfortunately it is quite impossible to find a proper answer reviewing 190 pages.

maybe you know how to deal with the issue, my Vaio (ivy bridge) stucks on the line:

SMCLightSensor also: @ No iterator

PS. I am aware there is a special kext file for that but I do not have it in my Kext directory on the usbstick. as the web page you linked last time clearly says it my cause problems.

Attachments

• tempImage94XU97.png
    tempImage94XU97.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Fearteach,

many many tanks. that site is amazing. it allows you to move step by step to finalise your laptop config.
I believe I made a good progress here. my Vaio loads a lot of files, does not stuck immediately.
there is however an issue I came across. in fact many others too - the thread consists of 190 pages -

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

unfortunately it is quite impossible to find a proper answer reviewing 190 pages.

maybe you know how to deal with the issue, my Vaio (ivy bridge) stucks on the line:

SMCLightSensor also: @ No iterator

PS. I am aware there is a special kext file for that but I do not have it in my Kext directory on the usbstick. as the web page you linked last time clearly says it my cause problems.
the issue of IoConsole.. is a graphics issue of some kind

AppleBacklightFixup.kext is no longer required with Whatevergreen.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back