Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
Dear Tonymaccers,

I've got quite a small but annoying problem with my young hackingtosh. I do not quite know where to find the solution because the problem does not always occure. Maybe one of you geniuses can help me.

Since the moment I've build my mac I have the strange problem that sometimes my sound stops working. Like I have said, it is not always just sometimes. So I start up my mac watch some youtube video's no problem. But if there is a small period of time where there was no sound and I try to play something again the sound will just not work. So I have been researching all the fora but there people only describe the problem of no sound at all... I hoped that an update would fix the problem but now after some months I am at 10.9.5 but is does not change a thing.
Does anyone have any idea where to look for a solution? Oh and I forgot. If the sound is not working and I put the mac in sleeping mode and then bring it back to life... It will work again... Until a moment of silence...

My specs:
The audio on my motherboard: ALC898
===
Gigabyte 1150 GA-Z87X-UD3H V/S/GBL/R/DDR3/USB3/ATX
250GB SATA3 Samsung 840 EVO Retail
1150 Intel Core i7 4770K 84W 3,50GHz / BOX
8192MB DDR3/1600 Corsair Vengeance CL10 zwart
Antec Neo ECO620C-EC 620W
650 NVIDIA Asus GTX650Ti-1GD5 2x DVI/HDMI/GDDR5 1024MB
Samsung SH224DB 24x SATA / Bulk / Zwart

Many many thanks to the person that could help me.

I have the same exact problem, I haven't found a solution either. Have you found a fix yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back