GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys,

at first sorry for my bad english i am coming from Germany and have some Trouble installing my first Hackintosh!

At first, YES i tried to find my Problem(s) here but no solution has worked for me yet.

Okay here is my build:

Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
Intel i7 4790k
Geforce GTX 770 2GB from Windforce
Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB SSD
and two HDDs.

I tried to install Mavericks with the Unibeast Method and ended up with diffrent error codes trying to do some Troubleshooting. At first i enabled the gtx 770 and ended in some error with this error:

"/var/db/bootcache.playlist - could not find".

I tried diffrent boot flags (safe mode x=2000 x=3000) but nothing did solve my Problem.

Then i tried to install it without the GTX 770 but that did not work.

Can anyone help me or give me a hint what to do to get this work? I think the components are all supported.

Thank you :)

Check your BIOS version - You need F9 for your 4970K - Gigabyte

Good Luck

Wow that was a fast answer :)

in the Moment it is f8 but i have installed Windows right now (because i wanted to try if something is wrong with the processor) and this worked without Problems.
#
So is it important for OSX that it is f9?

Wow that was a fast answer :)

in the Moment it is f8 but i have installed Windows right now (because i wanted to try if something is wrong with the processor) and this worked without Problems.
#
So is it important for OSX that it is f9?

The important thing is that Gigabyte specify that it has to be F9 to support that CPU.

Okay i will try to update the bios and then to install OSX :)

So i've got the new bios right know but unfortunately the error is the same :/
i have checked the bios but everything there seems to be correct.

Okay so maybe someone can help me if i post the complete error:

Boot Args: -v
BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
panic ( cpu 0 caller 0xfffff..800002526cf): "a freed zone element has been modified: expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef but found 0xdeadbeef00000, bits changed 0xdeadbeef, at offset 48 in zone: malloc.64"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2422.110
Debugger called: <panic>

Boot Args: -v -x does also not work.

Okay so maybe someone can help me if i post the complete error:

Boot Args: -v
BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
panic ( cpu 0 caller 0xfffff..800002526cf): "a freed zone element has been modified: expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef but found 0xdeadbeef00000, bits changed 0xdeadbeef, at offset 48 in zone: malloc.64"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2422.110
Debugger called: <panic>

Boot Args: -v -x does also not work.

For a deadbeef error add maxmem=4096 to your boot flags

In your case, I would connect the monitor to the onboard graphics DVI - VGA is not supported.

Boot with -v -x maxmem=4096

Post a picture of the screen when (if) it stops.

Good Luck

Hi P1lgr1m,

i've tried it with -v -x maxmem=4096 and then i could not read the error (there was some after this could not find /var-thing and ended up on a white screen with a cursor ^^ nothing else happened

Hey
sorry i was too fast with my reply :) after 3 minutes started the setup of mavericks ^^

But right know there is a second problem: There are no hard disk drives found although my ssd and hdd were connected to the Pc. I entered this disk utility but no drive is found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back