CPU
i5-4300U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello folks, complete noob here who stumbled for days trying to install High Sierra on my Toshiba Portege Z30-A / Intel i5 4300U / Intel HD 4400 graphics laptop. I did get it up and running but couldn't get many things to work so gave up.

But and now successfully installed El Capitan on the same laptop. I have most of the needed things working - Ethernet, Keyboard/Touchpad (with full gestures support), Battery, sleep /wake, sound, USB etc. Thanks very much to the guides here.

However I have a few issues:

1) Slow booting - this started happening after I patched something to fix my display glitches. I have attached the boot screenshot and boot log from Clover Configurator. Let me know if any other log is needed.

There are two pauses as seen in verbose boot mode. One after "NIC link is up....flow control: None. This is for about a minute. And one more pause after "Missing bluetooth controller" which is for 2 minutes. What's causing this? I am unable to figure out.

2) Flickering screen just after first login before showing desktop, and generally not so smooth graphics including download folder opening animations from the dock or when showing launchpad. I have done as per this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/ still the issue persists.

3) After reading the forums and doing some research myself I found the Intel 7260 Dual Band WiFi card (including bluetooth) on the Toshiba Z30A cannot be supported by any kernel extension. I want to confirm from the Pros here if this is true? Is there no way to get wifi working with the native wifi card? If have to replace it, what brand of card do you recommend?

Thank you in advance for any help!

P.S Attaching my config.plist, Kexts in /L/E, Kexts in EFI/Clover/Other, boot.log, boot screenshot

Attachments

• 20190913_223031.jpg
    20190913_223031.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 148
  • :EFI:Clover:Kexts.png
    :EFI:Clover:Kexts.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 142
  • :L:E:kexts.png
    :L:E:kexts.png
    262.1 KB · Views: 103
  • config.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 153
  • bootlog.txt
    25.5 KB · Views: 85
Hello folks, complete noob here who stumbled for days trying to install High Sierra on my Toshiba Portege Z30-A / Intel i5 4300U / Intel HD 4400 graphics laptop. I did get it up and running but couldn't get many things to work so gave up.

But and now successfully installed El Capitan on the same laptop. I have most of the needed things working - Ethernet, Keyboard/Touchpad (with full gestures support), Battery, sleep /wake, sound, USB etc. Thanks very much to the guides here.

However I have a few issues:

1) Slow booting - this started happening after I patched something to fix my display glitches. I have attached the boot screenshot and boot log from Clover Configurator. Let me know if any other log is needed.

There are two pauses as seen in verbose boot mode. One after "NIC link is up....flow control: None. This is for about a minute. And one more pause after "Missing bluetooth controller" which is for 2 minutes. What's causing this? I am unable to figure out.

2) Flickering screen just after first login before showing desktop, and generally not so smooth graphics including download folder opening animations from the dock or when showing launchpad. I have done as per this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/ still the issue persists.

3) After reading the forums and doing some research myself I found the Intel 7260 Dual Band WiFi card (including bluetooth) on the Toshiba Z30A cannot be supported by any kernel extension. I want to confirm from the Pros here if this is true? Is there no way to get wifi working with the native wifi card? If have to replace it, what brand of card do you recommend?

Thank you in advance for any help!

P.S Attaching my config.plist, Kexts in /L/E, Kexts in EFI/Clover/Other, boot.log, boot screenshot

Just bumping this up. I was able to fix 1) and 3) above myself. But for 2) the issue still persists. The flicker after first login and flickers when showing or hiding dock (especially over firefox browser), and some other small flickers of screen here and there. It would be good to fix if I can find a pointer in the right direction please.

Ok. At last was able to fix this flickering display issue myself after many trial and errors. What solved it was placing FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and FakePCIID.kext inside /system/library/Extensions folder.

Though I had all along placed these kexts inside /Library/Extensions folder as my OS is 10.11.6 and I thought that's where you need to place the kexts after following this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/

Anyways, now my flickering issues after login and animation issues are solved. So basically QE/CI have been enabled successfully now. This can be verified (at least the CI part) by going to System prefs > Desktop/Screensavers> and seeing the previews of the screensavers are playing. Before it was not the case when the flickering issues persisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back