CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 3000 (Disabled) + RX470
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm using 750Ti and 1080p monitor with a VGA cable now.
But I cannot get full 1080p resolution during boot up.
it looks like you put a 4:3 picture in a 16:9 monitor, it looks strange.
I can get full 1080p resolution with HDMI before.
(Because my monitor doesn't provides me the correct colour with HDMI mode so I use VGA)

@brianwong11031,

MacOS dropped all support for VGA a few years back, none of Apples video drivers support a VGA framebuffer
The only thing i can think of is to try the Nvidia web drivers in place of the Apple default ones ...

Cheers
Jay

I am using Nvidia web driver.
@brianwong11031,

MacOS dropped all support for VGA a few years back, none of Apples video drivers support a VGA framebuffer
The only thing i can think of is to try the Nvidia web drivers in place of the Apple default ones ...

Cheers
Jay

My card does not native support under OS X
@brianwong11031,

Cheers
Jay

I've already installed it.
btw, do you know how to adjust colour for an AOC monitor?
It's colour is strange now.

Sorry no experience with AOC monitor ...

Are you sure that your cables are OK ?
i've experienced strange colour issues in the past with damaged and/or cheap monitor cables ...

Jay

Sorry no experience with AOC monitor ...

Are you sure that your cables are OK ?
i've experienced strange colour issues in the past with damaged and/or cheap monitor cables ...

Jay
My cables are all OK. The issue is my monitor will shows up a very very bright red, blue and green. Other colours are normal.
I tried to connect with another monitor, and the colours are very normal.

My cables are all OK. The issue is my monitor will shows up a very very bright red, blue and green. Other colours are normal. I tried to connect with another monitor, and the colours are very normal.

@brianwong11031,

If the system works ok with another monitor then it would suggest that there is something odd about the AOC monitor, the only other suggestion I have is to try using a different colour profile in Systems Preferences -> Display -> Colour, try each profile in turn .. maybe one will suit the AOC ?

Cheers
Jay

@brianwong11031,

If the system works ok with another monitor then it would suggest that there is something odd about the AOC monitor, the only other suggestion I have is to try using a different colour profile in Systems Preferences -> Display -> Colour, try each profile in turn .. maybe one will suit the AOC ?

Cheers
Jay
Thanks for your advice. I went to a colour profile database website and download some profiles. It works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back