Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 570
:wave:Appreciate much if some questions can be cleared so a newbie can push the order button.
I'm going with the Mini Deluxe march build with dual boot on 2X 120gb ssd+1tb hdd. Only one monitor 24" , little decent gaming,hobby music production (ext. usb audio interface), family video/photo editing, some movie watching through HDMI-> TV. My only concern now is to make it as quiet as possible without blowing the budget too high.

GA-Z87N-WIFI

Intel Core i7-4770K ..should i go with 3rd party cpu fan?

2X 6Gb/s 120GB SSD Samsung evo ..win7/mavericks

Corsair CS 550 Watt Modular ..can i win some decibels here with going something else?

BitFenix Phenom White mini-ITX

GeForce GTX 760 ..can i go with this one- MSI GeForce® GTX 760 TWIN FROZR IV / 2GB GDDR5 / OC / (N760 TF 2GD5/OC). I figured it to be somewhat less noisier than some other ones, but inside the Phenom- is it reasonable?

16GB 1600Mhz DDR (8x2) Crucial sport low profile 1.35v

Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 32 MB -I don't know how much db i can win here, they are all pretty loud i presume.

I'm also willing to replace/add 3rd party fans that aren't costing me my arms and legs, later- trying to get the less noisier parts first then acoustic treatment inside the box and fans will follow.

Last puzzle, don't mind the language just the idea behind it- i can't figure out why boxed version of i7 is cheaper than tray- without the stock fan

comparison page

tnx, i look into that. I searched that 770 tf IV 2gb makes same amount of noise and heat than 760 tf IV. I might go with the 770, its little bit more future proof. Will the psu of 550w be sufficient for that?

tnx, i look into that. I searched that 770 tf IV 2gb makes same amount of noise and heat than 760 tf IV. I might go with the 770, its little bit more future proof. Will the psu of 550w be sufficient for that?
550w should be fine as long as you don't plan future upgrades to much more power hungry hardware. Just stick with a quality brand that's energy effecient.

OT: are you from Estonia? If so, Tere! My wife as well as many friends of mine are from there.

Jes sir! Tere-tere!:thumbup: Many thanks for feedback, I'm now pushing the order button. I will then get the 1TB hdd later as i haven't decided on that, yet. No upgrading for this system for a long time (i.e 2-3y.) Do you might have any good suggestion about replacing the cpu stock fan to something quieter, that will fit into Phenom. It will get pretty crowded in there, I'm afraid. Apparently those Crucial verlylowprofile rams are so new that they are not available in Estonia, just have to order them abroad. I really want those as they are smaller and power/heat efficient. Totally obsessed with them:lol: Wish you guys all the best!

update: So windows 7 is working flawlessly but i dont have sound on osx mavericks 9.2. Im using sound from mobo, installed with clover. I presumed it was newer than multibeast thing, should i run multibeast too? Or it can be done inside the clover? :oops:

I got the ethernet working through dsl model with cable but my pc is going to be in living roome where as modem is in another room. Im going to need wifi. Easiest way i have read is to ditch the mobo bluetooth(working well) and get the usb BT. With configuration i then be getting wifi working?

I cant get inside the app store- your computer could not be recognized- message. I read little how i should get some programs(champ list, efi syudio, text wrangler) and change some text etc etc...these were on mountain lion. Will the same trick work on mavericks 9.2?

any insight will be greatly appreciated, so i know im on the right track. It was great sports to install the hardware, my first hackie :ugeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back