Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 5520
CPU
i7 3612QM
Graphics
Intel HD4000, 1366x768
Hi. I have downloaded 10.12 from App Store, i start the installer, next, next, accept, etc, then it reads a lot of data from the drive as i seen in iStat menus. It says the computer needs to be restarted, i click on restart and nothing happens, no screen with update progress, etc, just a simple restart which boots 10.11.5. If i create an installer USB, can i install Sierra over El Capitan with keeping my data?

Last edited:
I have created installer USB, when booted, it started install automatically, everything working fine, expect the touchpad settings in System preferences and the Fn + arrows brightness changing.

Kepernyofoto2016-07-12-7.35.25.png

Also i get restart when i click on sleep or close the lid, and it restarts too when i try to shutdown.

Last edited:
I have created installer USB, when booted, it started install automatically, everything working fine, expect the touchpad settings in System preferences and the Fn + arrows brightness changing.

Known problem... discussed elsewhere if you search.

Also i get restart when i click on sleep or close the lid, and it restarts too when i try to shutdown.

Probably an issue with ACPI / power management. See guides in 10.11 forum.

It worked good in 10.11.5, maybe they changed something in code?

Last edited:
Sleep, shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back