i7-4790K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did a clean install of Mojave yesterday. I have noticed that couple of things aren't working the way they were in HS. First, Preview/QuickLook does not work when I have the iGPU disabled. I have noticed this for JPEGs. When pressing either space bar or when opening an image in Preview, all I get is the spinning circle. When I enable the iGPU, I am able to preview JPEGs just fine. Also, using MacPro 6,1 SMBIOS did resolve the issue without having to enable iGPU in BIOS but I am not using this profile as it's completely different from my specs. I am currently using iMac 15,1 profile.

This issue also persists in Photos app whether I Have the iGPU enabled or not. in HS, when I pressed Space bar on any image, the image would open. Now in Mojave, pressing space bar does nothing even though, in the Photos menu, space shortcut is present for one of the menu items.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

Last edited:
yes,i also noticed the same thing with the jpg previews.. everything shows fine, but no jpg's.And i don't how to do.

thank you.after enable igpu i already fix it.

Just did a fresh install today and I noticed the same thing with the jpg previews.. everything shows fine, but no jpg's
I am using the iMac 14,2 profile.. so gonna try to enable the iGPU in BIOS

edit: that resulted in a never-ending reboot loop.. probably missing a kext somewhere

Did you figure out the reboot issue? Did it fix the jpg issue? I have Z77X-UP5 TH with ASUS RX580. I also get the reboot when enabling IGPU. Hoping for a resolution.

Did you figure out the reboot issue? Did it fix the jpg issue? I have Z77X-UP5 TH with ASUS RX580. I also get the reboot when enabling IGPU. Hoping for a resolution.

Anybody watching? Solved the JPEG preview with NoVPAjpeg.kxt. Machine runs fine with iGPU set to Auto. When set to Enabled I get the reboot loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back