Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys! I've been planing to build a hackmac since I was 18 (thats 4 years from now) and now I got gutsy enough to go ahead and do it with a friend of mine...

since I'm into video editing, I do need a real beast of a computer that can withhold a lot of activity.... so I decided to put all the money into it (Argentina, my country is an expensive one) and this is the build I'm going for; I really, really hope you can help me out... this is not easy especially when it's about the money... and I wanna make a lasting inversion and prevent myself from making dumb mistakes..

in my country this build is 25000 AR$, which is U$a 4550 (more or less)... I can't screw up.. I need it to work properly, I'm investing years of savings... it'd outbest most computers in the Argentinian Market (if not all), what I'm aiming for is an video/3Danimation edition lab (is that how it's called?? here we call them islas de edicion), and my dream is to have my own studio...

help me out? please? pretty pleasE??

this is my build

CPU
Intel Xeon E5 2690
(8 core)

Mboard
GA-X79S-UP5

Ram
64GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Case
Corsair Graphite 600T (if it do find it, if not, any recommendations?)

Psupply

Corsair 750 Watt Modular

Startup disk

SATA 6Gb/s 120GB SSD (256 if I can find one)

Storage HDD
SATA 6Gb/s 2TB HDD

SATA 6Gb/s 2TB HDD

SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HDD

cpu cooler

Corsair H60 (Water) (if I can find one... if not, which other would you recommend?)

wifi adapter

TP-Link PCI Express
Wifi Adapter

bluetooth adapter
uhhhmm?

Graphic card

GeForce GTX 670 (could I replace it for a "
GeForce GTX 680
Upgraded with
higher clock speed.
add")
"bliss of utter ignorance" question: could I throw in another graphic card, to have two and use them simultaneously?

aditionals:

firewire board
thunderbolt board
usb extensions

do you think it'll work out? do you think that i might encounter any problems?
it is the recommended build in tonymac's buyer guide... with maybe some small tweak

also, I've heard the Motherboard has wifi installed from the get-go, but i'm gessing it aint compatible...

I'm planning on installing mountain lion, I know I won't get it to sleep (..and what else?), but anyways, I'm a chronic insomniac and I gotta keep it up for the rendering...

do you think that the additionals will be recognized?
what do you think about this build??

can someone walk me through to what I gotta read before I get hands on to it?

I'm eternally grateful for your patience and guidance

thanks!!​

do you think it'll work out? do you think that i might encounter any problems?
it is the recommended build in tonymac's buyer guide... with maybe some small tweak

also, I've heard the Motherboard has wifi installed from the get-go, but i'm gessing it aint compatible...

I'm planning on installing mountain lion, I know I won't get it to sleep (..and what else?), but anyways, I'm a chronic insomniac and I gotta keep it up for the rendering...

do you think that the additionals will be recognized?
what do you think about this build??

can someone walk me through to what I gotta read before I get hands on to it?

I'm eternally grateful for your patience and guidance

thanks!!​

Has been done, you should be able to do it, too.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...a-x79s-up5-x79-c606-i7-3930k-32gb-gtx670.html

thanks for that, it calms my nervs... thanks for the link too, it's a great deal of help!

what do you think about the 2nd graphic card, the additionals and the bluetooth adapter?? any suggestions!!

I deeply apreciate your help!!

thanks for that, it calms my nervs... thanks for the link too, it's a great deal of help!

what do you think about the 2nd graphic card, the additionals and the bluetooth adapter?? any suggestions!!

I deeply apreciate your help!!

Second graphics card should be OK.

For WiFi and BT adapters see the Buyer's Guide (button at top of forum page will take you there).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back