Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI-F8c
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to here and its my first Hackintosh I have built.
Hence I have collected a bunch of newbie questions and hope some of you can help me with.

1. Updates: I have a fresh Hackintosh running pretty smooth of what I can see on Catalina 10.15.3. What about future updates? Say apple releases some security update or new builds. Can I simply install them as I would normally do, or would this break my installation?
2. Backup of my system: can I somehow backup or clone my system in case something gets broken? Do I need to backup the EFI partition and can simply copy it back in case of an emergency? I want to avoid to run through then entire lengthy process of setting up the system again.
3. Bluetooth: I have not yet received my Wifi/BT card for the motherboard yet. However, I have those tiny USB dongles which come with my BT mouse (Logitech MX Master 3). Unfortunately it appears that the BT dongle is not recognized by the system. Is there an easy way I can get my mouse working?
4. Kext updates: I'm using the Hackintool /w Kextbeast for my Kexts. It shows that some of the Kext seem to be outdated (pfa). Unfortunately whatever I do I can't get them updated. My process: I use Hackintool to download new versions and then Kextbeast to pick them up from the desktop. Then reboot. When I then check again - nothing has changed. Still red lines indicating not up-to-date Kexts. Is there any better way to ensure I get the most up-to-date Kexts?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-29 um 10.47.24.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-29 um 10.47.24.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 43
@Accu,

1. Updates: Sometimes it is necessary to update Clover and/or certain kexts such as Lilu, WhatEverGreen .. etc before running the MacOS installer. We always start a new thread for a major or minor MacOS update. It's always best to check on each update thread if there are any recommended actions to take prior to installing an update.

2. You can clone your MacOs drive by using Carbon Copy Cloner or Super Duper both are very similar in function.
You can back up your EFI just by mounting the partition and copying the EFI folder. If you copy it to the EFI partition of your MacOS clone then that drive will be bootable.

3. Bluetooth on MacOS only works well with a Broadcom WiFi/BT combo card, there are a few USB BT dongles that work with MacOS see the "Accessories" section of our buyers guide for more info.

4. Use Hackintool to install the updated kexts on MacOS Catalina see this guide for more info :-

Cheers
Jay

The issue of red rows caused by unreleased new versions is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back