Contribute
Register

Some Broadcom Mini-PCIe WIFI Devices Unsupported in macOS Sierra

Anyone has seen or used those sold HERE?

Seen them on ebay too and seem really cheap but do state they are BCM94360CD's.

@RehabMan any idea why my BCM94360CD only works BT? wireless it's detected, but macOSSierra activate and deativate several times until poweroff and can't turn on again. My smbios is MacPro6,1 can be any issues with this smbios?

Thanks in advance.

@RehabMan any idea why my BCM94360CD only works BT? wireless it's detected, but macOSSierra activate and deativate several times until poweroff and can't turn on again. My smbios is MacPro6,1 can be any issues with this smbios?

Thanks in advance.

No idea (no information on your procedures). I had no issue with BCM94360HMB using FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (for Airport Extreme branding).

Hello everyone,

I just received a New Broadcom BCM94360CD 1900Mbps 802.11AC with PCi-E Express WiFi Adapter +h Bluetooth 4.0 that I bought here :
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...r-PCI-E-Wi-Fi-Adapter/128677_32665572254.html

I tried it on El Capitan 10.11.6 and Sierra 10.12

Wifi worked as soon as I install the adapter but no BT.
The USB port inside the motherboard is working and the Broacomm appears in the USB section in my SysReport.
I didn't yet tried specific Kexts because I d'ont know exactly what to do - maybe inject BrcmPatchRAM2.kext Rehabman ?

Could someone help me and tell me if this card can work ?

Thank you

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-10-02 à 09.44.58.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-10-02 à 09.44.58.png
    136 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I just received a New Broadcom BCM94360CD 1900Mbps 802.11AC with PCi-E Express WiFi Adapter +h Bluetooth 4.0 that I bought here :
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...r-PCI-E-Wi-Fi-Adapter/128677_32665572254.html

I tried it on El Capitan 10.11.6 and Sierra 10.12

Wifi worked as soon as I install the adapter but no BT.
The USB port inside the motherboard is working and the Broacomm appears in the USB section in my SysReport.
I didn't yet tried specific Kexts because I d'ont know exactly what to do - maybe inject BrcmPatchRAM2.kext Rehabman ?

Could someone help me and tell me if this card can work ?

Thank you

Install BrcmPatchRAM kexts. Follow the README.

I tried to copy BrcmPatchRAM2 (even the non Patch) cause I am under Sierra with and without BrcmFirmwareData.kext and reboot my mackintosh (even the non Patch) but nothing.

Each time I copy any of those files in /System/Library/Extensions I have the message " ...installed correctly..."
Do i do something wrong ?

Maybe I have to delete IOBluetoothFamily.kext or IOBluetoothHDDriver.kext ?

I tried to copy BrcmPatchRAM2 (even the non Patch) cause I am under Sierra with and without BrcmFirmwareData.kext and reboot my mackintosh (even the non Patch) but nothing.

Each time I copy any of those files in /System/Library/Extensions I have the message " ...installed correctly..."
Do i do something wrong ?

Maybe I have to delete IOBluetoothFamily.kext or IOBluetoothHDDriver.kext ?

You cannot install kexts with Finder. Use 'sudo cp -R' or a kext installer.

BrcmPatchRAM2.kext must be used with BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext... Read the README carefully.

Thank you Rehabman; I really appreciate your help.

I did use Kext Utility as it's easy to use and no need extra command after (repair permission and cache etc ...)to inject BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

Strangely, both kexts doesn't load automatically after neither after a reboot, is it normal ?

Even if I load them manually via Terminal, nothing happen and still have no BT :(

Really sorry, I know it should looks obvious for you but Ias I said I am new and French lol

Thank you Rehabman; I really appreciate your help.

I did use Kext Utility as it's easy to use and no need extra command after (repair permission and cache etc ...)to inject BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

Strangely, both kexts doesn't load automatically after neither after a reboot, is it normal ?

Even if I load them manually via Terminal, nothing happen and still have no BT :(

Really sorry, I know it should looks obvious for you but Ias I said I am new and French lol

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Back