Contribute
Register

Some Broadcom Mini-PCIe WIFI Devices Unsupported in macOS Sierra

I expected that was going to be the case with the one I bought. I thought the BCM94360CD was a "native" Apple/Broadcom chip... It has worked flawlessly with Yosemite and El Capitán. Could you tell me how to differentiate a Genuine card from a non Genuine?

I expected that was going to be the case with the one I bought. I thought the BCM94360CD was a "native" Apple/Broadcom chip... It has worked flawlessly with Yosemite and El Capitán. Could you tell me how to differentiate a Genuine card from a non Genuine?

Genuine cards will load apple stocks kexts and non genuine card won't load with Apple stock kexts because Devices IDs are different.

Genuine cards will load apple stocks kexts and non genuine card won't load with Apple stock kexts because Devices IDs are different.
So far this card has worked "plugNplay" (El Capitan), no extra kexts or patches required. I'm just concerned if it's one of the chips dropped by Sierra (even though it doesn't show in the list of the first post, but it's the same series BCM943xx).

That price is outragest. I got mine from eBay for $57 and it works flawlessly.

I was just posting a link of a compatible card, this isn't the only source where you can get something like this of course :)

I have that card - handoff doesn't work, but it does say it is supported in System Report. WiFi and BT work fine out of the box.

Strange. Are you signed into iCloud?

Hi,

I Successfully installed Sierra on my Dell Latitude E6400 (Nvidia NVS 160M).
Everything is working except Wi-fi (BCM4321 - 14e4:4328)
Is the above method mentioned for BCM94532Z also valid for BCM4321 ?

Back