Contribute
Register

Some Broadcom Mini-PCIe WIFI Devices Unsupported in macOS Sierra

I'm wondering if there's anything other than plugging it in to do to get the bluetooth part working. The Wi-Fi part worked fine so I just carried on using my USB BT adapter, which has started to lag a lot lately, so I'd like to use the BT on this card. However, though I do see the BT in the system info, it doesn't get recognized in the bluetooth section in system pref. Any pointers for me? Thank you in advance.

I had the same happen to me and it took me a bit to troubleshoot. The PCI-E interface only carries the Wi-Fi, while bluetooth is connected via USB.

In the box, it comes with a custom USB cable. It connects to the 2 pins on the card (ensure the proper orientation! The black cable should be facing the edge of the card, while the gray one should be facing inwards) and on the other end is a generic USB header, which is fairly poorly designed because it can be installed upside-down. Ensure that when you plug it in, the cables are on the top of the header with the black cable on the left and the gray cable on the right.

Plug this into the USB header, and it should instantly show up. If not, try restarting the computer.

However this didn't work for me, it took me forever to realize that for some reason my internal USB headers didn't work. I have no idea why, I've tried a million ways to patch my USB. If this is the issue you are facing, either check out the "10.11+ USB changes and solutions" guide here > http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

If that doesn't work (like it didn't for me) then you'll have to adapt the USB header into a full-size USB cable and plug into a USB port that is known to work. You can use an adapter like this one > https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V6WD8A/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Personally my room-mate kindly created a cable which works great, even if it's a bit ugly ;)
kasm0pef.png

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions, good luck!

Thanks VoiletDragon! but I already got the one I posted installed, working just fine on El Capitán. I hope it works with Sierra.

Works fine with Sierra. Only thing that doesn't seem to work is Bluetooth. Haven't tested it on final release yet but have tested it with the betas.

Works fine with Sierra. Only thing that doesn't seem to work is Bluetooth. Haven't tested it on final release yet but have tested it with the betas.
Thanks for the good and the bad news! Handoff and Airdrop are really nice and I'm using them everyday so I hope this chip's BT finds its way again in Sierra.

Back