Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Hi guys,

Thought to update you on this, I achieved this recently on my Acer Nitro 5 running High Sierra 10.13.6:

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 9.01.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.56.32 PM.png

It was enabled via patch settings from Hackintool. Using that I was able to enter the necessary values into Clover, which enabled the Quicksync function.

Last edited:
Hi there !

just for your information, it works with :
Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
iMac14,2
Clover 5107

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G13035) (2020 003 security update)
Nvidia webdriver 387.10.10.10.137
CUDA Driver Version: 418.163

my kexts :

// needed for graphics
Lilu.kext | Version: 1.4.5
WhateverGreen.kext | Version: 1.4.0
// needed for sound, ethernet, ...
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA | Version: 0.5
AppleALC.kext | Version: 1.5.0
FakeSMC.kext | Version: 1800
RealtekRTL8111.kext | Version: 2.2.2

to activate webdriver after reboot :
Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>
see : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/
no need for : nv_drv = 1 (black screen if set)

:)
I have gtx960 and i cant use. It's stucked at 7mb. I've tried with opencore and clover but no lucky in High Sierra

I have macos 10.13.6 (17g66) how can i find my GTX 1050 TI driver. For this Mac os build version?

I have macos 10.13.6 (17g66) how can i find my GTX 1050 TI driver. For this Mac os build version?
Problems with build 17g66 are well documented, use the forum Search tool for details.
The short answer is to perform a security update which changes the build number and then install the appropriate web drivers,

It's been some time since i last asked (5 years iirc), but I recently reinstalled Sierra, and have tried everything to enable web drivers for my Geforce GTX 1080. I had this working years back, but uncertain how i'm ment to enable them now (i forgot how i did). I did edit the config for enabling nvidia web on boot, tried the (depracted) nvda_drv=1 flag, checked if the disable flag was there (it wasn't), even installed Lilu thru clover (caused a kernal panic). Does anyone know what i might be doing wrong? Was running Sierra 10.12.3

You sure that works for Sierra? That's for High Sierra

It's just an explanation of the cause of your troubles, what you do with the information is up to you.

No.

Try it and see? Someone has to, for the benefit of all.

I've seen some reports that re-applying the Sierra version web-driver has cured the problem. However to verify this someone needs to try it and report back. It may be a blind-alley or it may be that Nvidia have re-signed the Sierra version driver too. If you decide to give it a go, re-download the driver from Nvidia themselves, not from our repository as that one hasn't been changed.

:)

So I reinstalled Sierra, but still getting the display 3mb graphics in the about tab. I do, however, notice that my Nvidia card is detected as "display" under "graphics/display", and my onboard intel seems to be detected 100% fine(?) ((it has a name "intel HD graphics 530"))

Back