Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Hey Everybody! i have a similar problem on my macbook pro.CUDA says GPU not supported! i ve installed the latest version of web driver and CUDA driver on it and also reset NVRAM and SMC!! web driver is on .but CUDA says GPU not supported yet! i guess this may cause system crash when i'm trying to run premiere pro! HELP!!
Mac book pro
mac os sierra 10.12.6
graphics NVIDIA Geforce GT 330M 512mb
Intel HD Graphics 288mb

hey everybody!my friend has a problem with her macbook pro! almost everytime she want to run adobe premiere pro her laptop crashes and restarts! and i sugguested her to install NVIDIA web driver and CUDA driver.she did but CUDA said "GPU Not supported" graphic card is GT 330m. I've reset the NVRAM and SMC! but nothing changed! do anybody has a solution for this? Thanks

hey everybody!my friend has a problem with her macbook pro! almost everytime she want to run adobe premiere pro her laptop crashes and restarts! and i sugguested her to install NVIDIA web driver and CUDA driver.she did but CUDA said "GPU Not supported" graphic card is GT 330m. I've reset the NVRAM and SMC! but nothing changed! do anybody has a solution for this? Thanks

This forum is for desktop graphics in a Hackintosh. I suggest you make a post over on MacRumors.

Hi all hack community. I'm still reading this topic from the beginning, but maybe someone will help me faster than I'll find correct solution. So, my vintage config is: GA-P35-DS3P rev 2.1 / Q9550 + 8 GB RAM / genuine Apple GT 120 / Fenvi 919 / Dell 1980*1080 monitor (DVI connection). And my issue is next: after os installed (according all rules from High Sierra guide) I got strange monitor resolution and picture ratio (please see attachments), plus Nvidia chup 5md in system info. Tried to fix it with option #6 from first page of this topic. Installed Nvidia Web Driver, but, nothing works fine. Without "nv_disable=1" hack reboots each time after Apple logo, with this option resolution and GPU memory as I mentioned before.

PS. Config file of my boot ssd disc, and picture or ratio/resolution example.

Thanks.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_4565.jpg
    IMG_4565.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 200
Hi all hack community. I'm still reading this topic from the beginning, but maybe someone will help me faster than I'll find correct solution. So, my vintage config is: GA-P35-DS3P rev 2.1 / Q9550 + 8 GB RAM / genuine Apple GT 120 / Fenvi 919 / Dell 1980*1080 monitor (DVI connection). And my issue is next: after os installed (according all rules from High Sierra guide) I got strange monitor resolution and picture ratio (please see attachments), plus Nvidia chup 5md in system info. Tried to fix it with option #6 from first page of this topic. Installed Nvidia Web Driver, but, nothing works fine. Without "nv_disable=1" hack reboots each time after Apple logo, with this option resolution and GPU memory as I mentioned before.

PS. Config file of my boot ssd disc, and picture or ratio/resolution example.

Thanks.

Booting with nv_disable=1 is doing just that, disabling the Nvidia card and putting it in VESA mode. Hence the low resolution and low memory. Have you tried setting Inject->Nvidia->True? You also should not need the WebDrivers for that card.

Have you tried setting Inject->Nvidia->True? You also should not need the WebDrivers for that card.
Thanks for reply, yes I tried this config, Inject->Nvidia->True without v_disable=1. Reboot after apple logo.

PS. Attached video with this scheme.

Hi there !

just for your information, it works with :
Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
iMac14,2
Clover 5107

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G13035) (2020 003 security update)
Nvidia webdriver 387.10.10.10.137
CUDA Driver Version: 418.163

my kexts :

// needed for graphics
Lilu.kext | Version: 1.4.5
WhateverGreen.kext | Version: 1.4.0
// needed for sound, ethernet, ...
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA | Version: 0.5
AppleALC.kext | Version: 1.5.0
FakeSMC.kext | Version: 1800
RealtekRTL8111.kext | Version: 2.2.2

to activate webdriver after reboot :
Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>
see : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/
no need for : nv_drv = 1 (black screen if set)

:)

Hi everyone. I recently upgraded to Catalina 10.15.5. I'm now trying to reapply Ben Dobell's patch https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update but am encountering the following error when the installation kicks off:

"installer: The upgrade failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. The package is attempting to install content to the system volume.)"

I realize hardware acceleration is out but really did enjoy the better screen resolution that came with the patch previously. Any ideas?

Hi everyone. I recently upgraded to Catalina 10.15.5. I'm now trying to reapply Ben Dobell's patch https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update but am encountering the following error when the installation kicks off:

"installer: The upgrade failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. The package is attempting to install content to the system volume.)"

I realize hardware acceleration is out but really did enjoy the better screen resolution that came with the patch previously. Any ideas?

Apologies this was asked and answered: sudo mount / -uw

my pc not run fcp because m not get graphic driver i5 2nd gen .........with mac os el capitan with gt710 card

Back