Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

hey im new here i think this site helped me solve the same problem im having now a year ago but ive been trouble shooting for days and could really use some help.

im on macOS sierra 10.12.6 trying to get my NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti to work again for octane in cinema 4d.

hey im new here i think this site helped me solve the same problem im having now a year ago but ive been trouble shooting for days and could really use some help.

im on macOS sierra 10.12.6 trying to get my NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti to work again for octane in cinema 4d.
I used to have that GPU, in Sierra and it worked well for me using NVIDIA Drivers and, every time there was a OSX update, NVidia Drivers updated automatically and my computer worked normally, however, I only used final cut and photo shop and, for what I do, they seemed to work well.

I don't know if this helps you, there is a very specific driver at NVIDIAs website for a very specific OSX version, are U using such specific driver?

Cheers!

Hey everyone. I am doing a fresh High Sierra install, on 10.13.6 (17G8037). I have successfully installed the Nvidia driver 387.10.10.10.40.131 and it's the latest update available. Also, the web driver is stays selected at boot.

And yet...it's not actually using the graphics card. By all accounts it looks like it's working, but it isn't actually.

I am attaching screenshots of the Nvidia sys pref settings, along with my config.plist file.

I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue I'm having. Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 10.07.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 10.07.06 AM.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 10.07.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 10.07.14 AM.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 135
  • config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 149
Okay. I disabled Inject Nvidia, but now I'm getting a black screen at boot.
Insufficient information for diagnosis.
So many possible causes.
Eg wrong system definition (see Post #1), wrong video port, VGA monitor, wrong drivers etc.

Insufficient information for diagnosis.
So many possible causes.
Eg wrong system definition (see Post #1), wrong video port, VGA monitor, wrong drivers etc.

Yeah. Alright. I'll keep plugging away. Might be simplest to just back up and install it again from fresh. Thanks.

Yeah. Alright. I'll keep plugging away. Might be simplest to just back up and install it again from fresh. Thanks.
Try booting with nv_disable=1 then run this script :

Back