Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Is there any place or way to get help. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. F7BD5632-E18B-464E-A309-93366260C223.jpeg

Thanks for the help P1lgrim, I was hoping to talk to you at some point. I tried the USB swapping but that didn't seem to work. I did notice that Clover is not recognizing my SSD that has High Sierra on it. I used MultiBeast to create the UEFI with Emulated NVRAM but I feel like that's the problem because when I do that I don't see it in the clover boot mode. Can I use MultiBeast again to fix this and just do a normal UEFI Boot Mode?

I'm trying upgrade a Macpro5_1 (2010) to 10.13.6 (17G7024) and get it working with my Titan-X Maxwell so I can use it as a clone for updating other machines, but I've been experiencing a problem that as me stumped:

The boot SSD is HFS+. To create it, I first took an interim Sierra SSD and upgraded to 10.13 using the App Store installer (knowing that it was going to become an APFS formatted drive). I then created the HFS+ target with Disk Utility, and with carbon copy cloner I cloned the APFS to make a bootable HFS+ drive. Lastly, I've installed the "387.10.10.10.40.128" Nvidia driver to this HFS+ target.

The problem I'm having is that, when "Nvidia web driver" is activate, the Titan-X starts working (ie: screen is not black), but it is VERY VERY slow to respond to keystrokes, and the screen will start tearing apart when I move windows around. This was the same symptom I used to get when I was on 10.10.5 (with this same Titan-X board) and the driver was set to "Default macOS Graphic Driver".

If I switch it back to "Default macOS Graphic Driver" the Titan-X is no longer works (ie: screen goes black) but the computer works like normal (through remote login).

As a test I've tired substituting the Titan-X for a ATI Radeon (5700?) card and with the "Nvidia web driver" selected everything works as expected.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Rick

Last edited:
It's a real mac. I know... shoot me!

No one needs to shoot anyone. Suggest that the MacRumours Forum is better suited to your hardware and requirements:

Good luck , I am sure that you can figure it out or get an answer fro the wider Mac community.

No one needs to shoot anyone. Suggest that the MacRumours Forum is better suited to your hardware and requirements:

Good luck , I am sure that you can figure it out or get an answer fro the wider Mac community.

thanks for the kind words.. problem solved (answer: did you plug it in?? --- turn off SIP before installing the drivers... everything is working great now!).

So i just successfully installed High Sierra 10.13.6 on my Z600 using this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-hp-z600-high-sierra-installation-guide.248026/

Everything seems to have gone great with the installation, except I am having trouble getting the Nvidia Web drivers working with my 1060. I install them fine, but when i restart the computer to enable them, it switches back to native macOS graphics drivers every time. I would think the solution would be number 6 on this post, but tried it to no avail. The z600 uses a legacy bios. I have attached my plist.config. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Edit: Please disregard i figured it out. Just needed to delete nv disable=1 and add <key>NvidiaWeb</key> <true/> to my config.plist.

Attachments

• config (1).plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Hi.
I installed today hackintosh 10.13.6 on Z370 HD3 with i5 8400 and GTX 1080 and everything is working except the video driver.
I installed the latest driver on my hackintosh but it refuses to work.
Can you please help me figure out what the problem is?

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 266
Back