Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Hello friends! I'm trying to enable this GTX 1060 on Sierra 10.12, but no luck. I've managed to enable it on a few machines before. Could someone take a look at my IOReg, and, if you could kindly point anything wrong, it would be great! Edit: The Nvidia Web Option is selected on the menu bar, but no graphics acceleration.

Attachments

• 1060 IOREG.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 174
  • config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 165
I hit into problem 6 - You select Nvidia Web Drivers in the menu bar or the Nvidia Driver Manager preference pane but when you restart OS X Default Graphics Driver is checked.

I proceed to download the latest Clover and check on "EmuVariableUefi-64" during install. I am using Sierra, GTX 1050 card. I also have the Nvidia web drivers installed. Upon restart, I saw blank screen at the startup after choosing the disk. I tried putting "nv_disable=1" it doesn't boot. It still blank screen. The clover recovery doesn't help either.

Do I need to reinstall?

I hit into problem 6 - You select Nvidia Web Drivers in the menu bar or the Nvidia Driver Manager preference pane but when you restart OS X Default Graphics Driver is checked.

I proceed to download the latest Clover and check on "EmuVariableUefi-64" during install. I am using Sierra, GTX 1050 card. I also have the Nvidia web drivers installed. Upon restart, I saw blank screen at the startup after choosing the disk. I tried putting "nv_disable=1" it doesn't boot. It still blank screen. The clover recovery doesn't help either.

Do I need to reinstall?

I resolved it by referring to this link

by P1LGRIM. Thanks.

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
May need to update Clover
Install web drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Config.plist - Disable SIP fully - CsrActiveConfig 0x67
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
Will need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
May need to install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions

Anyone else now having the problem that there are no Nvidia web drivers available for the latest build of High Sierra (17G66)? I followed the step in this post:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-driver-for-17g66.269272/post-1890071

I had it working for a couple of boots, then got permanently stuck at a lower resolution than my monitor supports (1080p its highest possible setting when monitor is 4K). I want to now uninstall the Nvidia drivers but there is no panel in system prefs and I can't find anyway to uninstall...

How much is the video board recommended for macOS Mojave ...?

How much is the video board recommended for macOS Mojave ...?
macOS Mojave only has Nvidia drivers for Kepler based cards. Newer cards only work in macOS High Sierra or earlier. There are no RTX drivers yet. Go with AMD graphics cards for now.

Hello, I have problem with my OX X High Sierra last update from AppStore. Install nvidia web drivers on my 1080Ti and after reboot I always see: OS X driver instead Nvidia. I'm try to use this: this, and it's help me, but the animation OS X was still slow, although the monitor was determined correctly. After that I tried to test the videocard in geekbench, but the test stopped 5 seconds after the start. After using this - geekbench passed, but animation of system stil slow. Can somebody help?

after reboot I always see: OS X driver instead Nvidia
Nvidia web drivers require native NVRAM support or an emulation of it.
Run the Test to discover if your system has native support or if you must emulate it.

Back