Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Please note that patched Nvidia web drivers won't work on Mojave.
Your card is listed correctly but there is no acceleration.

Solution?

Solution?

You have 3 choices.
1) Don't upgrade to/install Mojave until Nvidia release Mojave-compatible video drivers for unsupported GPUs.
2) If you already have or are going to upgrade to Mojave, remove any non-natively supported Nvidia GPUs and plug your monitor into one of your MB's native Intel graphics ports. Or...
3) Purchase one of the Mojave natively-supported AMD GPUs.

Trouble installing Nvidia web driver which I have solved, so hopefully I can help someone if not already known.

I have updated my hacky from Sierra, which runs very fine to High Sierra by doing a fresh install to an empty disk.
My preparation was to update clover and all kext like lilu, whatevergreen, etc. to the newest versions.

In the installation dialogue I decided to use my old disk as source to restore application and settings by the installer automatically. So the web driver was copied from Sierra to High Sierra.

(I have a old i2400 CPU and a 1050 TI Nvidia GFX)

The first start to 10.13 results in laggy GUI as the old web driver was outdated for HS. So my first step was to update the driver via the pref panel and to restart.
The second start was a kind of crazy. While the login screen faded away like it should all windows have been very laggy with graphic glitches while moving and the dock was not transparent. But to my surprise a game was running in full frame rate with full acceleration as well.
After some research I have figured out that I have to:

Change CsrActiveConfig to 0x00 (in clover configurator) and reinstall the web driver and allow to load Nvidia system extension in the security system pref pane if prompted

After the next restart my GUI was working like expected.

But the next problem just follows some minutes later: As prompted by the App Store I updated my 10.13 to 10.13.6 by applying the combo update. After the update the GUI even does not start any more. I stuck with a black screen. I just recognises that the system is running fine after typing in my login credentials the hd started to work. This time it was a little bit more tricky.

Add ngfxcompat=1 to clover boot args and disable NvidiaWeb. Start with a lagy GUI (build-in driver), check if you have CrsActiveConfig set to 0x00 and uninstall your web driver via pref pane. After the reboot reinstall the web driver and allow to load Nvidia system extension in the security system pref pane if prompted

After a restart everything works fine. So I have now a Nvidia web driver driven 10.13.6 installation with a 1050 TI - smooth!

Last edited:
You have 3 choices.
1) Don't upgrade to/install Mojave until Nvidia release Mojave-compatible video drivers for unsupported GPUs.
2) If you already have or are going to upgrade to Mojave, remove any non-natively supported Nvidia GPUs and plug your monitor into one of your MB's native Intel graphics ports. Or...
3) Purchase one of the Mojave natively-supported AMD GPUs.

#2 is not really a choice, unless for some silly reason you don't have a x58/x79/x99/x299 motherboard.

Hello! Good night everybody! I had a really annoying problem dragging on for months on my hack, after I added another monitor to my setup I discovered that I just can not use the DVI D in the hack (Windows works perfectly).

My hardware:
Mobo: Mobo gigabyte g250m-ds3h.
Video Card: GTX 1060 6GB.
CPU: I5 7600K.
List of what I've tested:
- Invert the monitor I already used on HDMI with what was on the DVI, the result was the HDMI worked and the DVI did not.
- Turn on the DVI only. The monitor ran only up to the loadscreen and turnoff on the login screen.
- Add some args to recognize the video card ports on config.plist
- Change the SMBIOS to another version of the Mac (which has not yet completed the new configuration and iCloud is not working).
- Use the NVIDIA inject, but the Glitch system when the loadscreen is finished (and DVI still does not work).

Well, thank you in advance for all those who help because I do not know what I can do ...

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 190
  • bootlog.log.txt
    29.9 KB · Views: 221
Hello all,
So i put in my config my new aorus GTX 1080 TI 11Go, made all of procedure : update security , update driver to F11, and cuda 410.130, edit config.plist and put NvidiaWeb etc... . And i tested with my main app, and i see it is no faster then my last gtx 970 4Go, i see no changes. how can we be sure that the full accelleration of graphics is operational? when i open config.plist with clover configurator, in boot section i see that nvda_drv=1 is no checked, i have tu checke it even if i modified config.plist with text edit yet? Or it's my application that not take boost of the graphic card?

And in clover configurator, under graphics section there is nothing.

I instaled my built with the guide of KGP based on x99 A II and with sierra that i updated to the latest version, and it work well, but not the graphics i think.

i use clover v 2.4k rev 4289

Anybody can help me?

thanks

Anybody using Mojave with GTX 1080ti? I try but no Web Driver available yet....

Hello friends! I'm trying to enable this GTX 1060 on Sierra 10.12, but no luck. I've managed to enable it on a few machines before. Could someone take a look at my IOReg, and, if you could kindly point anything wrong, it would be great! Edit: The Nvidia Web Option is selected on the menu bar, but no graphics acceleration.

Attachments

• 1060 IOREG.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 176
  • config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 166
Back