Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I've done that again, and still Got stuck in the login screen. It boots normally, i get to see my login screen, but it starts to flash, and i can't type my password nor move the pointer of the mouse. The only way i can enter is by injecting nvidia in clover boot options, but i need my graphics to install correctly. Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem, login screen - flash - login screen - flash....
MObo: Z370XP SLI, Gigabyte GTX Winforce 1060 6GB, i7 8700. MacOS 10.13.6
I'm probing all: OsAptioFix64;OsAptioFix264; OsAptioFix364; OsAptioFix64&OsAptioFix264...
And also with lilu y watevergreen.
But nothing: either login screen-flash; or without recognice graphic card.

Some idea?
Many thanks

I'm probing all: OsAptioFix64;OsAptioFix264; OsAptioFix364; OsAptioFix64&OsAptioFix264...

Some idea?
Many thanks
I having the same - login screen flashing ..

Need help too?
Any ideas ?

Some idea?
Many thanks

I do a new installation. I install 10.13.6, the nvidia drivers but without NVRAM. No problem with startup, but the system dont recognice the graphic card.
After install NVRAM.
Here the problem again!! - flash in login screen.

I read:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-on-high-sierra-black-screen-panics.234390/

and i put lilu and watervergreen in /other folder instead of L/E/ but... the same.

Perhaps the graphic card are bad?

I do a new installation. I install 10.13.6, the nvidia drivers but without NVRAM. No problem with startup, but the system dont recognice the graphic card.
After install NVRAM.
Here the problem again!! - flash in login screen.

I read:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-on-high-sierra-black-screen-panics.234390/

and i put lilu and watervergreen in /other folder instead of L/E/ but... the same.

Perhaps the graphic card are bad?

I probe a new thing:
I eliminate the NVRAM/EmuVariableUefi with an utility (Clover Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller.pkg).

Restart and in about this mac, the system dot recognice the graphic card.

Change OSAptioFix-2 for OsAptioFix-3 (this one support NVRAM native).
Restart and the same problem that when i use EmuVariableUEfi....flash in login screen.

Now i'll write in terminal sudo nvram -c; sudo nvram nvda_drv=1
Aggg

Same problem: login glitch (login black screen, login black screen, login black screen). Have read a lot, others are having the same trouble with the GTX 1060.

Trying with this new build:

G-Force GTX 1060 6GB
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING
Intel Core i5-8400

1. I cloned my last working hackintosh drive 10.13.6,
2. installed the ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G build EFI.
3. Reinstalled the Nvidia Web Drivers 387.10.10.10.40.105
4. Tried several fixes from this thread and others, from disabling SIP to NVRAM fixes. Nothing changes.

Everything else works without nvda_drv=1 but haven't been able to activate the NVIDIA drivers without breaking the login.

Same problem: login glitch (login black screen, login black screen, login black screen). Have read a lot, others are having the same trouble with the GTX 1060.

Trying with this new build:

G-Force GTX 1060 6GB
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING
Intel Core i5-8400

1. I cloned my last working hackintosh drive 10.13.6,
2. installed the ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G build EFI.
3. Reinstalled the Nvidia Web Drivers 387.10.10.10.40.105
4. Tried several fixes from this thread and others, from disabling SIP to NVRAM fixes. Nothing changes.

Everything else works without nvda_drv=1 but haven't been able to activate the NVIDIA drivers without breaking the login.

I finally change the graphics card. I buy a 1050 4GB. It works without any problem.

I finally change the graphics card. I buy a 1050 4GB. It works without any problem.

I found a way to solve the problem of 1060 card login glitch by updating to Mojave and installing the last working drivers trough this script: https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

What I have right now is a build that gets trough the login, that doesn't have visible screen glitches, that recognizes the 1060, but that doesn't have graphics acceleration. I have been told that this will change (hopefully) once Nvidia releases the new web drivers.

More info of others who solved that problem here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ck-at-login-screen.259852/page-2#post-1826892

Hi Folks!

GA-H97M-D3H
Intel Core i7-4790 3,6 Ghz
Nvidia GF GTX 960
16 gb ram 1600mhz

This is my third build. On my latest build runs El Capitan, I never see something before, but the ssd going wrong. :)
A want instal High Sierra, 10.13.6 but I have trouble whit Nvidia web drivers.
A tried all the solutions from the forum, but no luck…
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

I use the right drivers for this: 10.13.6 (17G2208)
but the same message pop ups:
Mac OS X version is not compatible says the installer from nvidia driver.

I install cuda, but no GPU detected message pops up.
I use AGDPfix, checked the Nvidiaweb in system parameters in clover, I checked and unchecked all the boot arguments nvda_drv=1 and nv_disable=1. I add this to config.plist:
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<false/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

I install EmuVariableUefi-64.
Disable the integrated graphic card in bios.
About this Mac Displays 7 MB on Graphic settings,
Login screen flashs.

This is my second day on install High Sierra…
I missed something?

Thanks for replays
Tamás

Thanx for your replay, I install Mojave whit no problem. :headbang:

Back