Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I’ve tried to install Nvidia web driver on my hackintosh (ASUS ROG Strix Z270, i7-7700K, ASUS 1080 Ti) by following all the instruction described on the first post, but, every time I reboot my PC, the boot stops on the Apple logo. I am using high sierra.

It is my first hackintosh installation.

I’ve tried to install nvidia web driver on my hackintosh but the PC starts always as "OS X Default Graphics Driver". If I select Nvidia Web Driver into NVIDIA Driver Manager and restart, then the OS X Default Graphics Driver is selected. In the ECC tab, no device found.

I added my EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

My PC: GA-Z170X-ultra gaming, i7-6700K, GIGABYTE NVIDIA 1060 6GB (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6G (rev. 2.0) GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5)

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

nvidia_preference.png

No_device_found.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 264
I’ve tried to install nvidia web driver on my hackintosh (asus rog strix 270, i7 7700k, asus 1080ti) by following all the instruction described on the first post but everytime I reboot my pc the boot stops on the apple logo. I use high sierra.
Boot with the flag -v to hopefully see where it stops

It is my first hackintosh installation.

I’ve tried to install nvidia web driver on my hackintosh but the PC starts always as "OS X Default Graphics Driver". If I select Nvidia Web Driver into NVIDIA Driver Manager and restart, then the OS X Default Graphics Driver is selected. In the ECC tab, no device found.

I added my EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

My PC: GA-Z170X-ultra gaming, i7-6700K, GIGABYTE NVIDIA 1060 6GB (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6G (rev. 2.0) GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5)

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

View attachment 291375

View attachment 291376

See the first post to setup emulated NVRAM.

Hi,
I have problems with my new EVGA GTX1060 and 2 displays on mixed connection DVI / Display Port. The GPU has 1 DVI and 3 display ports.

Boot runs complete, but ends in black screens. This is not a black screen issue, the system is not running in the end. Perhaps after a while a reboot would occur, I did not wait very long.

What works:
2 displays on Display Ports, but my EIZO display is recognized as NTSC/television - this is the main problem
1 display, DVI or Display Port
Boot with DVI display, plug in second display in Display Port after boot runs fine.

OS X 13.1, latest NVIDIA Drivers 378....20.107

Tried:
Check NvidiaWeb
EmuvariableUEFI
Lilu 1.2.1, NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.1, Clover r4289

I dont know what is easier: Solve boot problem or solve NTSC/television problem. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

I use a Dell S2316H working with HDMI. Then, I bought a Viewsonic VX3209 with both DisplayPort and HDMI.

HDMI working, but DisplayPort does not work.

DisplayPort shows clover but, when I boot into macOS, I get a blackscreen, no signal...

I'm using GTX 750 Ti and 10.13.1

I use a Dell S2316H working with HDMI. Then, I bought a Viewsonic VX3209 with both DisplayPort and HDMI.

HDMI working, but DisplayPort does not work.

DisplayPort shows clover but, when I boot into macOS, I get a blackscreen, no signal...

I'm using GTX 750 Ti and 10.13.1

Try changing to DP1.1 in the monitors OSD settings.

Are you booting with an SSDT?

Sorry... what does it means? I boot from an 250gb nvme. On another 250gb nvme i’ve installed windows.
When I boot for the first time I have no problems (excluding the wrong resolution/aspect ratio) but when I go to install nvidia webdrivers and reboot the boot stops on the apple logo.

Back