Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Every security update changes the build number. The drivers check the build number on load. Your best bet is to install the beta drivers as they do not check.
Hey slimjim I’m curious about nvcap on a EVGA gtx 1070 sc and was wondering if you have seen anyone having issues getting the dvi-D port to output a signal at 144hz , I have tried every black screen fix that I could do and nothing seems to work. I did noticed that the display port and HDMI ports work but can’t output 144hz , my monitor only has dvi-d and HDMI , could it be that I’m missing the correct nvcap value in clover to enable it? I’ve seen posts where a gs8400 couldn’t use a dvi port because their nvcap was incorrect. Those posts are very outdated by at least 6 years so I can’t rely on them any input on this ?

Hey slimjim I’m curious about nvcap on a EVGA gtx 1070 sc and was wondering if you have seen anyone having issues getting the dvi-D port to output a signal at 144hz , I have tried every black screen fix that I could do and nothing seems to work. I did noticed that the display port and HDMI ports work but can’t output 144hz , my monitor only has dvi-d and HDMI , could it be that I’m missing the correct nvcap value in clover to enable it? I’ve seen posts where a gs8400 couldn’t use a dvi port because their nvcap was incorrect. Those posts are very outdated by at least 6 years so I can’t rely on them any input on this ?

I am not familiar with an nvcap issues. Sorry I cannot help here.

@slim.jim heey buddy what can i do with my gpu

A GT 730 DDR3 is natively supported.
lol cause my gnu is the biggest hassle you can get
I got it to work in Sierra with 0x10DE1DE0 and high Sierra does not like this one ...... tips?

PS... I had this issue on Sierra too but I fixed it in 5 days you can look trough my content to see it :D

lol cause my gnu is the biggest hassle you can get
I got it to work in Sierra with 0x10DE1DE0 and high Sierra does not like this one ...... tips?

PS... I had this issue on Sierra too but I fixed it in 5 days you can look trough my content to see it :D

It is natively supported so my guess is there is some sort of conflict you have caused. The GDDR5 version can be a bit more difficult.

Well the thing is rn i have high sierra on apfs sooo im gonna try to reinstall it on hfs cauze apfs is kinda ********

Well the thing is rn i have high sierra on apfs sooo im gonna try to reinstall it on hfs cauze apfs is kinda ********

I have no issues with AFPS and a GTX 970 using the Web Drivers or a GT 710 using the default drivers.

I have no issues with AFPS and a GTX 970 using the Web Drivers or a GT 710 using the default drivers.
Can i run my gpu with web drivers and how do i install them in nv_disable

It would be nice if i had some orientation on how to do anything or a config.plist

Last edited:
I’ve tried to install Nvidia web driver on my hackintosh (ASUS ROG Strix Z270, i7-7700K, ASUS 1080 Ti) by following all the instruction described on the first post, but, every time I reboot my PC, the boot stops on the Apple logo. I am using high sierra.

Back