Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

My GTX650 stop working - black screen. I'm running 10.8.5 and my Info.plist has No [/SIZE= string. Could this be the problem?
Drivers or clover configuration issue.

Need Help!!!

Was having issues with problem 6. I just installed El Capitan and used Multibeast 8.2.2. I could only boot with either nv_disable=1 or nvda_drv=1. If I did not input those codes I would arrive at the apple loading bar, it would go halfway, and then the screen would go black and the spinning circle in the center of the page would come up like when you are shutting down the computer. I then went through problem 6's tutorial, and I am still running into the same problem.

What should I do??

My Build:

GA-Z170X-UD5
EVGA GeForce GT 740
CORSAIR RM Series RM650 650W
Intel Core i7-6700K
Seagate Desktop HDD ST2000DM001 2TB
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

I modified the kext through terminal as instructed, rebuilt kext cache and kernel caches as instructed through terminal. The Web driver shows loaded in Nvidia control panel in menu bar but is not loading.This is what shows for the startup extension:
NVDAStartupWeb:

Version: 10.18.5
Last Modified: 7/20/17, 10:29 AM
Bundle ID: com.nvidia.NVDAStartupWeb
Loaded: No
Get Info String: NVDAStartupWeb 10.18.5 (378.05.05.25f01)
Obtained from: Unknown
Kind: Intel
Architectures: x86_64
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Kext Version: 10.1.8
Loadable: No
Authentication Errors:
Authentication Failures:
File owner/permissions are incorrect (must be root:wheel, nonwritable by group/other): /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext, Info.plist
Signature Validation Errors: Kext signature validation error code -67030
Dependencies: Satisfied
Signed by: Unknown

also this is the text info from the terminal command to rebuild kext cache:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
TruStudioPCUSBAudioPlugin.kext does not appear in strict exception list for architecture: x86_64
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67007 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA41 for kext TruStudioPCUSBAudioPlugin.kext
SBUSBAudioDriver.kext does not appear in strict exception list for architecture: x86_64
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67007 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA41 for kext SBUSBAudioDriver.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
NVDAStartupWeb.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext
AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.
AppleDataSetManagement.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
TruStudioPCUSBAudioPlugin.kext does not appear in strict exception list for architecture: x86_64
SBUSBAudioDriver.kext does not appear in strict exception list for architecture: x86_64
AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.

Got it fixed, when I manually set permissions, in the kext, some items were read / write , had to change all, to write only, and rebuild cache and repair permissions, now working flawlessly.

Same problem here, i try everything, but no luck.

version 10.12.6 (16G1036)

Hello. I just updated El Capitan to 15G17023 and Nvidia drivers aren't available yet. The solution to problem 5 does not work. Anything that can be done?.

Thanks!

I reply to myself, i forgot :banghead: AGDPfix 1.3 Thanks @shilohh :clap: for 17.1 system definition.

Thanks too @slim.jim for his fantastic guide

Probably this is useful for some one.

Now everything runs;).

I'm having the same issue after trying the methods on page 1 and the AGDPfix you mentioned. I'm running web driver 378.05.05.25f01 on 10.12.6. It crapped out after I installed today's security update, didn't think it would break the graphics driver like the minor system updates do. For the ones that don't get a fix from the mentioned methods, are we at the mercy of Nvidia to update the webdriver?

Hey all my Nvidia graphic were working great on my current install of Sierra. I took an update earlier today and when I rebooted, I can no longer choose Nvidia graphics and get an error that my current driver is not compatible.

I am on macOS 10.12.6 (16G1036)

See attached for the error I see in the Nvidia control panel.

Any idea how I can get past this and re-enable the ability to use the Nvidia driver?

Thanks

Attachments

• Cursor_and_NVIDIA_Driver_Manager.png
    Cursor_and_NVIDIA_Driver_Manager.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 176
I'm having the same issue after trying the methods on page 1 and the AGDPfix you mentioned. I'm running web driver 378.05.05.25f01 on 10.12.6. It crapped out after I installed today's security update, didn't think it would break the graphics driver like the minor system updates do. For the ones that don't get a fix from the mentioned methods, are we at the mercy of nvidia to update the webdriver?

Hey all my Nvidia graphic were working great on my current install of Sierra. I took an update earlier today and when I rebooted, I can no longer choose Nvidia graphics and get an error that my current driver is not compatible.

I am on macOS 10.12.6 (16G1036)

See attached for the error I see in the Nvidia control panel.

Any idea how I can get past this and re-enable the ability to use the Nvidia driver?

Thanks

Every security update changes the build number. The drivers check the build number on load. Your best bet is to install the beta drivers as they do not check.

Back