Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Is it HDMI 2 ?
HDMI 2 is unsupported.
You know what, I think it is. Let me swap out the cable for an older one.

UPDATE: Older cable does not solve issue.

Is there a value in config.plist I need to change? My VRAM and VideoPorts are listed as "0".
Need to look up a guide so I can learn what all these correspond to.

Last edited:
You know what, I think it is. Let me swap out the cable for an older one.

UPDATE: Older cable does not solve issue.

Is there a value in config.plist I need to change? My VRAM and VideoPorts are listed as "0".
Need to look up a guide so I can learn what all these correspond to.
I think it has to do with the mode that the monitor is set to more than which type of cable is connected.

I think it has to do with the mode that the monitor is set to more than which type of cable is connected.
Both of my screens are televisions. Nonfunctioning screen is a Toshiba Cast 43L621U. Functioning screen is an Insignia NS-40D420NA16, probably superfluous information but neither have specific settings for computer use. They have successfully plugged-n-played for both Win10 and Ubuntu so I am certain I've not got some sort of setting calibrated properly.

Both of my screens are televisions. Nonfunctioning screen is a Toshiba Cast 43L621U. Functioning screen is an Insignia NS-40D420NA16, probably superfluous information but neither have specific settings for computer use. They have successfully plugged-n-played for both Win10 and Ubuntu so I am certain I've not got some sort of setting calibrated properly.
HDMI 2 is supported in Windows.

HDMI 2 is supported in Windows.

Plugged Toshiba into the GPU with the displayport-to-HDMI cable and it works. I believe my issue is getting the HDMI port to function simultaneously alongside my allocated displayport. displayport-to-hdmi cable indicates backwards compatibility thus eliminating a peripheral compatibility issue.

Plugged Toshiba into the GPU with the displayport-to-HDMI cable and it works. I believe my issue is getting the HDMI port to function simultaneously alongside my allocated displayport. displayport-to-hdmi cable indicates backwards compatibility thus eliminating a peripheral compatibility issue.

DisplayPort to HDMI is an active conversion so MacOS only sees it as a DisplayPort connection which is why it works.

I have problem 6, where I can activate the NVidia web drivers in the system preference pane, but it reverts back to the default drivers after a restart. Therefore, the GPU has 7 MB of VRAM ...

Thing is that I updated Clover to v2.4k_r4200 after the MultiBeast installs and NVRAM emulation is activated by default. I can also see a nvram.plist in EFI/, so I assume that it is working. In the BIOS of my Gigabyte H270N-Wifi I have set the initial display to PEG1 (instead of the iGPU) and it doesn't matter if I set the iGPU to "disable" or "auto". Using MultiBeast I did install Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup for the HD630 before, could that be the reason? Should I use NvidiaGraphicsFixup?

In Clover Configurator I have activated the (x) NVidiaWeb option and nvda_drv=X was never activated, so that can't be it. I also hand-checked the config.plist, nvda_drv is not in there.

Did the procedure for 10.12.6 on a Kaby Lake board with a Gigabyte GTX 1070 change?

EDIT: Solved with NvidiaGraphicsFixup. I also did some other things like deleting the GPU device id in Clover Config, but that didn't really change anything.

Last edited:
Back