Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Sorry first post on this thread, and my problem may have been answered but I don't have time to read through 249 pages!
I bought a EVGA GeForce GTX 970 REF edition, and I can't get my Mac Pro Cheesegrater 5.1 running OSX 10.12.1 to properly recognise the card. It comes up as NVIDIA Chip Model in System Report. See screen grab below.

I tried the 970 in slot 1 using the motherboard 6 pin PCI connectors, didn't work. I then bought a 650W Corsair power supply and I'm powering the card using that externally with the paperclip trick. Still doesn't work.

When I bought the machine it came with a 980ti in slot 1, that has always worked perfectly using the mother board connectors.

My nvidia drivers and coda drivers are up to date.

I was hoping to run both cards with Octane renderer. Is there anything I can do do get the 970 working?

You would be better posting on macvidvards or Mac rumors. This site is dedicated to hackintoshes and there are unique situations with real Macs that are better covered on this forums.

hello

what do you mean by "correct boot order"?
drives or else?

thx

well problem solved - just select the correct boot order.

Hello, I'm kinda new to the forum, so sorry if my problem has already been solved anyone else.

I had a working Sierra Hackintosh, but then I changed my setup and had to reinstall it. I did it, but when I try to use Nvidia card it just shows me that the GPU is not found, in the ECC tab from the NVIDIA Driver Manager and in the CUDA manager.

Using the new config.plist for Sierra as well.

Already tried to reinstall, the drivers and the system.
Didn't work.

Tried to instal the EmuVariable, and the RC options from Clover.
Didn't work either.

Don't know what I can do to make it work again, before I used a GT 740 and it worked.

My configs now:
Motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-H DDR4
Processor: I7-7700
Memory: 8GB DDR4 2133MHz (Single Channel)
GPU: Geforce GTX 950

My configs before (when the drivers worked):
Motherboard: Megaware MW-H61-H2
Processor: I5-2320
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz (Single Channel)
GPU: Geforce GT 740

I'll attach my config.plist as well.

I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 213
Hello, I'm kinda new to the forum, so sorry if my problem has already been solved anyone else.

I had a working Sierra Hackintosh, but then I changed my setup and had to reinstall it. I did it, but when I try to use Nvidia card it just shows me that the GPU is not found, in the ECC tab from the NVIDIA Driver Manager and in the CUDA manager.

Using the new config.plist for Sierra as well.

Already tried to reinstall, the drivers and the system.
Didn't work.

Tried to instal the EmuVariable, and the RC options from Clover.
Didn't work either.

Don't know what I can do to make it work again, before I used a GT 740 and it worked.

My configs now:
Motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-H DDR4
Processor: I7-7700
Memory: 8GB DDR4 2133MHz (Single Channel)
GPU: Geforce GTX 950

My configs before (when the drivers worked):
Motherboard: Megaware MW-H61-H2
Processor: I5-2320
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz (Single Channel)
GPU: Geforce GT 740

I'll attach my config.plist as well.

I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out.

First please update your profile so that it correctly reflects your actual hardware :
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

The GT 740 with DDR3 VRAM has native support and does not require the web drivers.
The GT 740 with DDR5 VRAM does need the web drivers in order to function correctly.

With a 100 series Gigabyte motherboard you definitely must emulate native NVRAM support.

Try with the attached config.plist

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Update web drivers to ensure that you have the correct version.
Will need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 220
First please update your profile so that it correctly reflects your actual hardware :

The GT 740 with DDR3 VRAM has native support and does not require the web drivers.
The GT 740 with DDR5 VRAM does need the web drivers in order to function correctly.

With a 100 series Gigabyte motherboard you definitely must emulate native NVRAM support.

Thank you for the fast reply, but actually I'm already using all of that, No Integrated Graphics, Using both DVI and HDMI for another display, updated web drivers, and followed the steps for Problem 6 (EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts), nothing changed.

The config.plist you attached, is it a probable solution?

Thank you for the fast reply, but actually I'm already using all of that, No Integrated Graphics, Using both DVI and HDMI for another display, updated web drivers, and followed the steps for Problem 6 (EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts), nothing changed.

The config.plist you attached, is it a probable solution?
I see now that you have a GTX 950 not a GT 740.

You may need to install Lilu.kext , LiluFriend and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions

Done it but still nothing changes. I do have a windows running on dual boot where the GPU works just as fine. Can't find the reason it doesn't show up for me just in the MAC.
Did you install Clover in Legacy or UEFI mode ?
Where is your config.plist located, on the EFI partition or the system disk ?

Did you install Clover in Legacy or UEFI mode ?
Where is your config.plist located, on the EFI partition or the system disk ?

UEFI mode, and the config.plist is in the EFI partition normally, if I mount it with EFI Mounter I can view and edit it normally too.

If it's of help, here's a screenshot from the details of the system for the graphics.

Attachments

• system-graphics.jpg
    system-graphics.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 112
UEFI mode, and the config.plist is in the EFI partition normally, if I mount it with EFI Mounter I can view and edit it normally too.

If it's of help, here's a screenshot from the details of the system for the graphics.

7MB VRAM usually means that Inject Nvidia is disabled correctly, but the Nvidia Webdrivers are not installed or not activated.

Look in the root of your EFI partition for a file called nvram.plist

Back