Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Can anyone please advise me on things I can try?????
The error appears to relate to Intel graphics drivers.
Make sure that you have disabled integrated graphics in your BIOS settings.

Attach your config.plist.

I am away but I will upload my config list on Saturday first thing when I came back.

On my mobo, I have the pci e as the primary graphics driver. I cannot find a way to full disable the integrated graphics.

I fixed it based on your comments!

I did a double check on whether nv_drv was deleted from config. I noticed injectintel was set to true under graphics. I set it to false and it worked!!!!

Phew.

I put darkwake=0, sometime I will auto reboot but I couldn't trace there is error log in

Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure

Attachments

• config 2.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 266
Maybe someone can help me out, as everything works fine with my build (with this guide)
After some upgrades.. from a i7-6850K to E5-2696 v4 the Nvidia drivers still work (HT-Disabled) with the old graphics cards.

As the Hyper-Treading be enabled in the bios (22 cores/44 threads) Nvidia driver manager don't load anymore.
But the webdriver is still enabled because acceleration still works, and CUDA detect a GPU.

Now on point I get being driven crazy when changed my 2* Titan X (Maxwell) to 2* EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 :banghead:
Nice upgrade with this GPU's you would think... not ! :problem: ( It's in the buyers guide so compatible.. )

As I boot the system cant load MacOS and sometime I get a distorted screen, and clover keeps hanging on CPU configuration.
With a black screen but the system boots because I hear a sound the GPU send a signal to my monitor ( + teamviewer is online)

And sometime certainly the system boots acceleration doesn't work anymore..

The Nvidia driver manager just load on the system settings, but no GPU detected on the ECC tab + CUDA preference panel.
But the driver manager keeps hanging on the OSX Driver ( even when I delete the nvram.plist from the EFI partition )

I Have read 20 pages back on this topic for a solution, and already done many things thats required to get a working system:
  • AGDPfix 1.3 ( patch confirmed )
  • AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext -> Info.plist: Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = None
  • freqVectorsEdit.sh
  • Add manually missing frequency vectors: iMac17,1 / iMac14,1 / iMac14,2
[sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count] keeps returning always: 0 as XCPM is enabled and returned: 1​
  • EmuVariableUefi-64 @ Clover-> drivers64UEFI = Nvram.plist is stored @ EFI
  • Clover config: NvidiaWeb = True
The solution to use the SMBIOS: iMac14,1 is also not working and possible because im using XCPM SMBIOS MacPro6,1 that is required
With a Xeon E5-2696 v4 for a correct power management for my CPU

clover-verbose_PCI-hang.jpeg distorted-screen.jpeg

Update 1:

For testing with a fresh install on a spare SSD the problem still exist but now I see..
On clover verbose boot I get status off: NVDAStartupWeb:Web + NVDAGP100HAL:loaded&registered ( right kext for pascal ? )
As research it's not the right kext that loaded? because pascal is NVDAGP102 but cant find it back in Extensions..

NVDA_startupweb+loaded.jpeg

By the way for the extra information I'm using 4 monitors + wacom cintiq connected with 3 displayport cables & 1 HDMI&DVI cable
And with changing cables in different ports, I get from the black screen one time a very strange clover message:

NVDA_channel-timeout1.jpeg NVDA_channel-timeout2.jpeg

And attached my clover EFI map, hopefully someone can help me out please as hard as I need the system for my work.
When especially its getting very busy at the moment with projects for my business this happens :lolno:

Update 2:

After removing the second GPU, applying the GPU SSDT, and very strange the old method for nvidia drivers: nvda_drive=1

I got a working GPU with acceleration and HT enabled in the bios with 22 Cores / 44 Threads..
But Nvidia Driver manager don't load on system settings, besides CUDA preference pane just load & detect GPU
( + in chrome some artifacts, same with my Titan X thought they where broken so depends on hyper threading on CPU

But with using the second GPU the system don't boot, so now my second GTX 1080Ti is crying in his box :O

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.4 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
I have two issues that seem to be not connected.
I've been trying to get a GTX Titan to work, but I was not successfull having a dark screen problem, so I switched back to my old GTX 570 and tried to get the nVidia Web Driver working, as I could determine that the system was running but the screen just went to standby. I did try all provided solutions to the dark screen issue, but non of it would work. I switched back to my GTX 570 and got the screen to work, but now I'm stuck with the Web Drivers not willing to work, so after every reboot the WebDrivers are not selected.
I tried all solutions provided, here is my config.plist, i removed all boot flags, but I can't get it to work.
Build is a:

ASUS Z170-E
i7-6700K
Zotac GeForce GTX 570 HD 1280 MB / Zotac GTX TITAN

I'm on 10.12.6

Any Ideas?

Edit: reading my comment you can judge my level of frustration :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Hello everyone....
I'm at a lost. Here's my problem. Im running z270x-UD5 mobo with 32gb of ram. I have 2 LG 29UM60-P monitors that I would love to have working correctly. Its a no go with the onboard card as I have tried many of the things posted. Even the disable the onboard card which my screen went black and I had to use the cmos switch and reset all my bios settings. Right now with the onboard card, both screens comes on. When it gets to the Apple logo and progress bar, screen 2 shuts off and gives me a no signal display. So I grab an Gigabyte GTX1050 ti, hoping that would work but nope. When I put it in and reboot, nothing happens. It will not boot up, it just gives me no signal on both displays. Im using HDMI for one and display port for the other. Take the 1050 ti out, and I have my main screen back and I'm back to the second one shutting off. Using that setup (internal card) even though the screen is "off", I still can move the mouse over as if that screen is "on" and its something on the display. Im going to try to attach my distribution file that I opened with the Flat Package Editor and a screen shot of my Library/Extensions folder. Im new to all of this so if you need to see my config.plist please guide me to it because I don't see it on my ssd. If I can have this working without the 1050 ti, fine by me! I just need both working, I can deal with the glitches on boot up because it don't happen after that.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I had to mount my EFI to see my config list but its a few in there so I don't know which not the system is using. One says my SMBOIS is 14,2 and the other says 18,3

Edit 2: So I boot into my windows ssd to see if I can load it up there and nope. Nvidia says it can't complete because it couldn't find the hardware.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 12.51.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 12.51.02 AM.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Distribution.pdf
    19 KB · Views: 155
  • config.plist 14,2.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 197
  • config.plist 18,3.plist
    9 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
I have two issues that seem to be not connected.
I've been trying to get a GTX Titan to work, but I was not successfull having a dark screen problem, so I switched back to my old GTX 570 and tried to get the nVidia Web Driver working, as I could determine that the system was running but the screen just went to standby. I did try all provided solutions to the dark screen issue, but non of it would work. I switched back to my GTX 570 and got the screen to work, but now I'm stuck with the Web Drivers not willing to work, so after every reboot the WebDrivers are not selected.
I tried all solutions provided, here is my config.plist, i removed all boot flags, but I can't get it to work.
Build is a:

ASUS Z170-E
i7-6700K
Zotac GeForce GTX 570 HD 1280 MB / Zotac GTX TITAN

I'm on 10.12.6

Any Ideas?

Edit: reading my comment you can judge my level of frustration :)

well problem solved - just select the correct boot order.

Hey guys,

Long story short, my GTX970 died and I had to replace it with my old card the GT440.
I ran into some problems, but after injecting Lilu+NvidiaGraphicsFixup, enabling Web Drivers + disabling InjectNvidia I managed to get my old GPU to work at native 1080p resolution.

The problem is now that I can't see the wallpaper - top left corner theres some artifacts and the rest is black screen. When I try to change it, I dont see any pictures although they're selectable. Monitoring and utility apps are blank for the most part, and so on.. Rest of the UI (sidebar, dock..etc) works fine.

What do? Thanks in advance guys!

Back