Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

@slim.jim Ok, I'm confused. Isn't your fix in Problem 6 obsolete? I thought, as of macOS Sierra, NvidiaWeb=True is now the correct setting (See this post- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/).

No, the Clover boot flag nvda_drv=1 is no longer used since Sierra but the flag is still stored in NVRAM when you choose the web drivers from the Nvidia Driver Manager.

It is stored as:
Code:
<key>nvda_drv</key
    <data>
    MQA=
    </data>

No, the Clover boot flag nvda_drv=1 is no longer used since Sierra but the flag is still stored in NVRAM when you choose the web drivers from the Nvidia Driver Manager.

It is stored as:
Code:
<key>nvda_drv</key
    <data>
    MQA=
    </data>

Thanks, SlimJim. I did not know that. Ya learn something new every day. :thumbup:

I have been able to install macOS 10.12.6 but cannot get it to recognize the graphics card. I installed the webdriver and worked through problem 6 but have had no luck. I am going to run a fresh install and see how that goes.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

And its now working. Not sure what happened. I'll put it down to magic and move on to getting audio and usb type c working.

This site is great by the way. Thanks everyone for all your help.

Hi there,

I have a similar problem. I installed everything in accordance to the guides. Had the problem with restarting to standard drivers and not the web driver. (I have a GTX 1080 btw)
When I try the nvram solution, clover is shown in grey instead of black and after that the apple logo with loading bar shows, but after that I get a black screen and can't do anything. When I press a key I can hear the mac sound but yeah, I'm stuck.
GPU is connected via HDMI if that helps.
I hope somebody can help me. This isn't my first hackintosh but the last time it worked better

I disabled it and I am getting the black screen bow half way through start :(

Basically you haven't done any of the steps to enable the drivers and booting with nv_disable=1 disables them regardless of any attempts to enable them.

Lets try to keep all questions relevant to the original thread topic, installing an enabling the web drivers. If you are having other problems, such as YouTube not working or multi monitors not working properly, create a new thread. Thanks.

Hey thanks for this post but I am having problem number 6. I did all the things listed above but I am still using OS X drivers.
My Specs are:
GTX 1060 - 6gb
MSI z270 sli plus
i7-7700
16 GB crucial balisk sport 2400mhz DDR4
1080x1920 60hz moniter
I did everything

Hey thanks for this post but I am having problem number 6. I did all the things listed above but I am still using OS X drivers.
My Specs are:
GTX 1060 - 6gb
MSI z270 sli plus
i7-7700
16 GB crucial balisk sport 2400mhz DDR4
1080x1920 60hz moniter
I did everything

Try changing the CSM setting in your bios.

Back