Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I'm trying to get the web driver activated for my video card following the steps on Problem 6, but after updating Clover and selecting the EmuVariableUefi-64 option and restarting I get stuck, after the progress bar during the reboot reaches half point the screen goes blank. I was able to get video from the mobo HDMI output and confirm that the web driver was active but I can't get a signal from the video card. I'm using an HDMI port in case that makes a difference.
Any advice?

I am also facing same problem. It has been 5-6 hours. Please someone help.

Update. Thank God, it got solved. To solve this I tried to follow the solution for Problem #6 given in first post of this thread but still got blank screen after the bar loads upto half length during boot. Just do one more thing, CHANGE YOUR "SYSTEM DEFINITION" other than iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro 6,1. Reboot and done.

Hayflick,
To solve this I tried to follow the solution for Problem #6 given in first post of this thread but still got blank screen after the bar loads up to half length during boot. Just do one more thing, CHANGE YOUR "SYSTEM DEFINITION" other than iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro 6,1. Reboot and done.

To solve this I tried to follow the solution for problem no 6 given in first post of this thread but still got blank screen after the bar loads upto half length during boot. Just do one more thing, CHANGE YOUR "SYSTEM DEFINITION" other than iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro 6,1. Reboot and done.

Thanks for the advice. I was able to solve the problem by deselecting the Inject NVDIA option in Clover configuration's setting at the boot screen. The only problem is that I have to "remind" Clover not to inject those every time I restart my system. After completing the installation of Sierra I wasn't able to have it recognize my video card (the video output would work but no video card would appear in the System Report so I selected the option to inject NVIDIA driver from MultiBeast, that was my mistake.

Make sure you are using the correct SMBIOS. The black screen fix for me was enabling CSM in my BIOS

Thanks for the advice. I was able to solve the problem by deselecting the Inject NVDIA option in Clover configuration's setting at the boot screen. The only problem is that I have to "remind" Clover not to inject those every time I restart my system. After completing the installation of Sierra I wasn't able to have it recognize my video card (the video output would work but no video card would appear in the System Report so I selected the option to inject NVIDIA driver from MultiBeast, that was my mistake.

You need a SSDT to have it show up properly in the SYSTEM report and in the ECC tab for the Nvidia Driver Manager.

Use Clover Configurator to change Inject/Nvidia to false and save the updated config.

I'm not sure where to start on this. I started off with problem #2 and got the web driver installed. Then noticed that the web drivers kept going back to defaults graphics drivers so I went ahead with #6. But nothing looks right. I don't think this hackintosh is using my EVGA 1080 ti still. And I am a pretty big noob on this stuff with little experience. It doesn't show up in the system report. What more can I provide to be helped?

I'm not sure where to start on this. I started off with problem #2 and got the web driver installed. Then noticed that the web drivers kept going back to defaults graphics drivers so I went ahead with #6. But nothing looks right. I don't think this hackintosh is using my EVGA 1080 ti still. And I am a pretty big noob on this stuff with little experience. It doesn't show up in the system report. What more can I provide to be helped?

Could you follow #6 solution?? If yes what happened? Did you try to change Different Mac definition? or as someone mentioned earlier, changing CSM in BIOS?

Could you follow #6 solution?? If yes what happened? Did you try to change Different Mac definition? or as someone mentioned earlier, changing CSM in BIOS?

It always seems so simple once it's fixed. I just changed my system definition to 15,1 instead of 14,1 and everything magically worked upon restart. I'm on the latest version of Sierra btw; 10.12.6. Thanks! Now to explore further to see what else I need to do after this fresh install.

Hey all,

Since upgrading my Hackintosh I have been experiencing white-noise displaying randomly on one monitor, and random 1second long moments where both screens turn black, like something is crashing or reseting the window server.

I just upgraded to a 1050 Ti and redid my Hack from the ground up, but it still happens, and also now my 2nd monitor doesn't always work - this one is connected via DVI. The main monitor is HDMI and is working perfectly.

I am running the NVIDIA web drivers, I have nvidiainject disabled, my system profile is setup as 14,2, and I have EmuVariableUefi-64 installed.

I'm pretty sure I've followed all the guidance in this thread correctly, and my NVIDIA web drivers do seem to work.
Any thoughts?

Back