Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

EDIT 2 (SOLVED): Okay, so after doing further research I resolved the issue following the steps in Problem 6 above. Appreciate this forum and all the people who have made this site!

EDIT: Okay, so I removed the GPU and it booted back into the OS without issues. I then removed the GPUSensors.kext and reinstalled the GPU. The system loaded fine without issues but it's defaulting to the OS X Default Graphics Driver. I tried to switch it to the NVidia driver but every time I reboot it goes back to the default driver. Can anyone recommend anything to try and fix that?

Hello All, not sure if this is where I should post my issue (If not please move to correct thread) but I just purchased and installed a EVGA 1060 6Gb (You can find the card here ) and before I installed the card I installed the Web Drivers without issues and made the necessary changes to the config.plist file. I go to boot up the system and I get a KP (see screenshot). Not sure what to do now as I am new to this whole hackintosh thing. I do have my config backed up in case I have to restore it. If anyone can provide assistance I would greatly appreciate it! If more info is needed please let me know!

PS: Everything was working fine before the card was installed: iGPU and Audio.

Further information:
-SMBios: 14,2
-Sierra 10.12.6
-Latest Nvidia Driver from Nvidia

Attachments

• IMG_20170806_171514.jpg
    IMG_20170806_171514.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
EDIT 2 (SOLVED): Okay, so after doing further research I resolved the issue following the steps in Problem 6 above. Appreciate this forum and all the people who have made this site!

EDIT: Okay, so I removed the GPU and it booted back into the OS without issues. I then removed the GPUSensors.kext and reinstalled the GPU. The system loaded fine without issues but it's defaulting to the OS X Default Graphics Driver. I tried to switch it to the NVidia driver but every time I reboot it goes back to the default driver. Can anyone recommend anything to try and fix that?

Hello All, not sure if this is where I should post my issue (If not please move to correct thread) but I just purchased and installed a EVGA 1060 6Gb (You can find the card here ) and before I installed the card I installed the Web Drivers without issues and made the necessary changes to the config.plist file. I go to boot up the system and I get a KP (see screenshot). Not sure what to do now as I am new to this whole hackintosh thing. I do have my config backed up in case I have to restore it. If anyone can provide assistance I would greatly appreciate it! If more info is needed please let me know!

PS: Everything was working fine before the card was installed: iGPU and Audio.

Further information:
-SMBios: 14,2
-Sierra 10.12.6
-Latest Nvidia Driver from Nvidia
How did you fix the defaulting of the OS X Default Graphics Driver? Please let me know

If you go to the first post on this tread and follow the solution on problem 6 to install the nvram fix. That's what fixed it for me! :)

Hello, I had everything running smoothly but then I went into System Preferences –> Displays and wondered what the overscan option does. I clicked it, the screen went black, and since then, I can't get it working again. Fortunately, I can still log in and see what I'm doing using the iGPU but nothing seems to be working. I erased display preferences (~/Library/Preferences/ByHost) and reinstalled the Nvidia driver, but to no avail. Any suggestions, please?

EDIT: Telling others about my problems apparently often does the job equally well, i.e. I somehow solved it, possibly by booting in a safe mode (boot flag -x), removing com.apple.windowserver.whatnot in ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost, and rebooting again, and again after activating the Nvidia drivers in the pref pane.

Interestingly though, this time the overscan was active (the checkbox is checked) and when I unchecked it… hello darkness my old friend. Anyway, I repeated the procedure and got it working again, however that bloody checkbox is still checked, thus I'm still interested in learning what's going on. Thanks!

Hoo boy, I also fell victim to turning off that overscan button on my 4K display and suddenly I couldn't set anything about 1440p. I used your tip, booted into safe mode, set my resolution back to 3840x2160 then when I restarted the nvidia driver worked and was at the full resolution again.

Weird thing about the displays menu now: it doesn't show the HiDPI style resolution select and there isn't a tab for Night Shift. I know the HiDPI was definitely there when I first got this monitor a couple Sierra versions back.

Hoo boy, I also fell victim to turning off that overscan button on my 4K display and suddenly I couldn't set anything about 1440p. I used your tip, booted into safe mode, set my resolution back to 3840x2160 then when I restarted the nvidia driver worked and was at the full resolution again.

Weird thing about the displays menu now: it doesn't show the HiDPI style resolution select and there isn't a tab for Night Shift. I know the HiDPI was definitely there when I first got this monitor a couple Sierra versions back.

Make sure your SMBIOS is that of a device that supports both those features.

Make sure your SMBIOS is that of a device that supports both those features.

I also don't have the Overscan/Underscan slider. SMBIOS is 14,2
I just put in a EVGA 1060 6gb card and when connected to the tv my menu bar and dock are cut off. I tried all sorts of resolutions and held down the options button and tried to click on detect displays and nothing happens. Not sure if there is something I need to do or what?

No HDMI signal on Gigabyte GTX 1050...

Hello, I have this configuration:
1) CPU - I5 4440
2) Mobo Asus H81M-E
3) GPU Gigabyte GTX 1050 2GB - https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1050OC-2GD#kf

I did:
Fresh Sierra install 10.12.6 using latest clover + latests Nvidia web drivers. But when I try to boot without nv_disable=1, I got "Nohdmi " and signal losts from my monitor.
I'm using SmBios iMac 14,2 and I've also tried to Mac Pro 6,1 or iMac 17,1 (with AMGDP or Lily + Nvidiafix kext) but still no luck. Also disabled iGPU (anyway my mobo has no hdmi ports).
Also I tried to set NvidiaWeb= true in my config.plist and used RC scripts + NVRAM fix in clover settings. Still no luck...

What should I try next?

Here is my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 230
I'm trying to get the web driver activated for my video card following the steps on Problem 6, but after updating Clover and selecting the EmuVariableUefi-64 option and restarting I get stuck, after the progress bar during the reboot reaches half point the screen goes blank. I was able to get video from the mobo HDMI output and confirm that the web driver was active but I can't get a signal from the video card. I'm using an HDMI port in case that makes a difference.
Any advice?

I also don't have the Overscan/Underscan slider. SMBIOS is 14,2
I just put in a EVGA 1060 6gb card and when connected to the tv my menu bar and dock are cut off. I tried all sorts of resolutions and held down the options button and tried to click on detect displays and nothing happens. Not sure if there is something I need to do or what?

Check your TV settings. On my small Samsung TV there is a port labeled HDMI/DVI. I must use that port but the port must also be named PC in the tv's settings.

B
No HDMI signal on Gigabyte GTX 1050...

Hello, I have this configuration:
1) CPU - I5 4440
2) Mobo Asus H81M-E
3) GPU Gigabyte GTX 1050 2GB - https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1050OC-2GD#kf

I did:
Fresh Sierra install 10.12.6 using latest clover + latests Nvidia web drivers. But when I try to boot without nv_disable=1, I got "Nohdmi " and signal losts from my monitor.
I'm using SmBios iMac 14,2 and I've also tried to Mac Pro 6,1 or iMac 17,1 (with AMGDP or Lily + Nvidiafix kext) but still no luck. Also disabled iGPU (anyway my mobo has no hdmi ports).
Also I tried to set NvidiaWeb= true in my config.plist and used RC scripts + NVRAM fix in clover settings. Still no luck...

What should I try next?

Here is my config.plist
Nah, i'm done with this card, hdmi is not working here. Replaced with windforce 2 (same model with 3x hdmi ports) and everything works fine

Back