Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

My config.plist CsrActiveConfig key was set to 0x43. I tried uninstalling, disabling SIP completely and reinstalling but the problem persists.

It shouldn't be 0x43. It should be either 0x3 or 0x67.

It shouldn't be 0x43. It should be either 0x3 or 0x67.
Oh well for some reason i had NVRAM Protections disabled, not sure what difference it makes. Sadly, enabling them didn't seem to help.

Hello, I had everything running smoothly but then I went into System Preferences –> Displays and wondered what the overscan option does. I clicked it, the screen went black, and since then, I can't get it working again. Fortunately, I can still log in and see what I'm doing using the iGPU but nothing seems to be working. I erased display preferences (~/Library/Preferences/ByHost) and reinstalled the Nvidia driver, but to no avail. Any suggestions, please?

EDIT: Telling others about my problems apparently often does the job equally well, i.e. I somehow solved it, possibly by booting in a safe mode (boot flag -x), removing com.apple.windowserver.whatnot in ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost, and rebooting again, and again after activating the Nvidia drivers in the pref pane.

Interestingly though, this time the overscan was active (the checkbox is checked) and when I unchecked it… hello darkness my old friend. Anyway, I repeated the procedure and got it working again, however that bloody checkbox is still checked, thus I'm still interested in learning what's going on. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,

Issue: black screen (even in 14,2 Def) when booting and two displays connected to Nvidia 1080, one a Samsung 4K Tv w/ Club3d CAC-1070. Always boots with Samsung TV with black screen, and DP Monitor with signal.
Workaround: boot with Samsung TV and hotplug DP monitor

Any options? SSDTs with connector injection?

Latest drivers (ending in f1)
KFA Nvidia 1080
Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1
14,2 or 15,1 Defs, trying both. When trying 15,1 def, using Lilu + other kext

Thanks.

Hi,

Issue: black screen (even in 14,2 Def) when booting and two displays connected to Nvidia 1080, one a Samsung 4K Tv w/ Club3d CAC-1070. Always boots with Samsung TV with black screen, and DP Monitor with signal.
Workaround: boot with Samsung TV and hotplug DP monitor

Any options? SSDTs with connector injection?

Latest drivers (ending in f1)
KFA Nvidia 1080
Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1
14,2 or 15,1 Defs, trying both. When trying 15,1 def, using Lilu + other kext

Thanks.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-coming-to-macos.218790/page-21#post-1477542
Disable 'CSM' on bios

While I await the rest of the parts to start building my new rig, I had the chance to install my new Gigabyte GTX 1060, replacing the original GTX660 in my current system (GA-Z77X-UD5H) running 10.12.4 and the first driver update that was Pascal compatible. Not very good luck, though - even after removing the CPUSensor.Kext out of FakeCPU.kext. While it was recognized no problem when I booted into Win10, I could not get past a kernel panic after the Clover boot screen (Ver 4039). Now, after the second Nvidia driver update as well as an update to ver 4061 of Clover, It boots right into Win10 AND 10.12.4 with no problem.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

OK, i've installed TeamViewer and CONFIRM that the nVIDIA driver is loading when i'm selecting it and seeing a black screen half way through boot, the reason is actually simple, the monitor which is 4k is not showing any signal "No Signal" because the resolution is not coming up, i'm only getting the following resolutions which i can see via team viewer (and youtube playing in the background so that i know it's booted after blind typing in my password!!)

resolutions available

1280 x 1024
1024 x 768

which both of course are not supported by a 4k monitor.... hmmm...

UPDATE:

OK, i've installed TeamViewer and CONFIRM that the nVIDIA driver is loading when i'm selecting it and seeing a black screen half way through boot, the reason is actually simple, the monitor which is 4k is not showing any signal "No Signal" because the resolution is not coming up, i'm only getting the following resolutions which i can see via team viewer (and youtube playing in the background so that i know it's booted after blind typing in my password!!)

resolutions available

1280 x 1024
1024 x 768

which both of course are not supported by a 4k monitor.... hmmm...

Ok, it's definitely got the nVIDIA drivers working, the mac is booted, just i'm getting a black screen, almost as if it's missing some signalling information...

Back