Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Does it display the Nvidia driver as being selected in the menu bar or the driver manager?
Yes it does - Screenshots from NVRAM, Menubar and System Report attached. Thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 180
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 204
  • Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 176
Yes it does - Screenshots from NVRAM, Menubar and System Report attached. Thanks

Ok, so that is all correct. Are you using any adapters?

Ok, so that is all correct. Are you using any adapters?
No - actually connected via DisplayPort. Also tried DVI! Won't workt and i have absolutely no clue why.

No - actually connected via DisplayPort. Also tried DVI! Won't workt and i have absolutely no clue why.

zip and attach your EFI folder.

zip and attach your EFI folder.
So just got the gigabyte model and I'm having the exact same issue with the black screen boot... Not exactly sure how to proceed from here. I believe I did the mac-clock-pixel-patch before so I'm going to see if anything got left behind from it that might cause me issues

EDIT

Haven't tried anything with the mac pixel clock patch, but using my smaller tv (only supports 1080p) the graphics card works flawlessly. Also in System Profiler the working monitor isn't registered as a tv. Is there some way to make OS X believe that I'm not using a tv?

Last edited:

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    17.4 MB · Views: 92
Remove Shiki.kext from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 and change your SMBIOS to iMac14,2.
Removed Shiki.kext and changed SMBIOS to iMac14,2: No resolution. Thx anyways

Removed Shiki.kext and changed SMBIOS to iMac14,2: No resolution. Thx anyways

There must be something causing a conflict, just need to track it down. Have you modified any kext or installed any to L/E or S/L/E?

There must be something causing a conflict, just need to track it down. Have you modified any kext or installed any to L/E or S/L/E?
Nope - i'm absolutely new to hackintosh - its my first one so i have no clue how to modify a kext or something similar :)

Back