Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Hello all!
There is any way to enable displayport 1.2 support in macos? I'm using 14.2 smbios and my 1080gtx working perfectly without any patches. But only if i using monitors in dp 1.1 mode. If i switch them to 1.2 - i got black screen and going to energy saving during macos loading. Anyone solve that problem?

UPD: Problem solved. Turning off CSM in bios make it works.

Last edited:
hello all!!
my laptop can block igpu and use only gtx 1060 in windows, is that mean i can drive gtx 1060 in macos using this webdriver?

hello all!!
my laptop can block igpu and use only gtx 1060 in windows, is that mean i can drive gtx 1060 in macos using this webdriver?

This is section of the forum is desktop graphics support only. Please post in the laptop section of the forum.

This is section of the forum is desktop graphics support only. Please post in the laptop section of the forum.
Hey slimjim, just got my pcie connector for my MSI 1050ti 4gb and I've been trying to get it working. I seem to affected by the black screen issue, about halfway though the loading bar my screen goes black and I get no signal. Using iMac 14,3 inject intel/nvidia are both false. Bios is set for discrete, web drivers are installed and nvram is working fine(when booting with igpu I can see that web driver is still selected). Tried graphics enabler kext and lilu, as well as the clover edit. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

Hey slimjim, just got my pcie connector for my MSI 1050ti 4gb and I've been trying to get it working. I seem to affected by the black screen issue, about halfway though the loading bar my screen goes black and I get no signal. Using iMac 14,3 inject intel/nvidia are both false. Bios is set for discrete, web drivers are installed and nvram is working fine(when booting with igpu I can see that web driver is still selected). Tried graphics enabler kext and lilu, as well as the clover edit. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

What port are you using on the card?

What port are you using on the card?
I'm using HDMI, also tried my display port to hdmi adapter. Don't have a vga(maybe dvi?) port on my tv.

I'm using HDMI, also tried my display port to hdmi adapter. Don't have a vga(maybe dvi?) port on my tv.

Attach your config.plist

Attach your config.plist
here you are. bit of a mess, i used clover config to generate a new one and then re-added all my needed edits.

Edit

So some weird things... with clover set to nvidiaweb false and inject intel on booting with igfx, OS X recognizes the card fully, and if I plug in (still connected to igfx) a second hdmi cable to the card and my tv I can get it working. I was able to switch to it independently but then I tried to change it to 3240x2160 and then I got no signal. Wasn't able to revert with just the card on and that's when I started trying with the multiple hdmi cables. My tv is running of the cable connected to the igfx the whole time

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.2 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Back