Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I was able to install my hackintosh, which is very slow the video, even being detected correctly, is attached in some files and my CLOVER

Attachments

• DiskSpeedTest.png
    DiskSpeedTest.png
    584.7 KB · Views: 155
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 05.42.48.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 05.42.48.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 170
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 05.43.02.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 05.43.02.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 179
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 05.43.11.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 05.43.11.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 154
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 05.43.19.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 05.43.19.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 184
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 05.45.15.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 05.45.15.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 05.47.32.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 05.47.32.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 05.49.10.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 05.49.10.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 162
  • CLOVER.zip
    7 MB · Views: 80
I'm surprised that it's not there. I followed the steps as indicated but I just noticed when I rebooted clover isn't stating it's updated to the 4204 version. It's still showing the 3209 version even though I'm installing it properly picking my SSD where I have Sierra installed. Isn't it supposed to install into the EFI partition automatically

Are you perhaps booting from a USB drive that is still plugged in from the install?

So Is using nvidia GPU still requires iGPU and bios setting to IGPU as well as Polaris?
im thinking of switching since the setting using Polaris gives alot of trouble in dual boot (i have to change bios setting and changing cables)

Nvidia does not require the IGPU to be set as primary.

Post your updated config. Also what Mobo do you have?
Dear slim.jim
I have problem with my graphic card Colorful iGame 750 ti 2gb.
It stuck in the pci configuration begin.
What can I do?
I cant update the vbios to evga vbios.
Thanks

i just did another fresh install of sierra out of fustration. the install always goes right but i can never load the nvidia drivers. following Problem#6 steps, im finding out that when i try to install the newest version of clover 4049, it never updates the one multibeast installs for me during post install. when i boot the pc i still see the version from the multibeast version 3270 instead of it showing the new 4049. i have ocnfirmed using clover configurator that im loading the EFI of the primary disk when installing clover 2049 but i think its installing it to the same partition of my sierra install. what im i doing wrong?

i just did another fresh install of sierra out of fustration. the install always goes right but i can never load the nvidia drivers. following Problem#6 steps, im finding out that when i try to install the newest version of clover 4049, it never updates the one multibeast installs for me during post install. when i boot the pc i still see the version from the multibeast version 3270 instead of it showing the new 4049. i have ocnfirmed using clover configurator that im loading the EFI of the primary disk when installing clover 2049 but i think its installing it to the same partition of my sierra install. what im i doing wrong?

It should be installed to the EFI partition of your Sierra install. Remove any USB install drives and set the correct boot device in your bios.

Are you by any chance dual booting?

It should be installed to the EFI partition of your Sierra install. Remove any USB install drives and set the correct boot device in your bios.

Are you by any chance dual booting?

Yes i am dual booting windows 10 and sierra. i did remove all usb drives on my last install attempt but what i havent done yet is disable all the internal drives i have. i currently have 3 drives in my setup. one for sierra, one for windows 10 and the last for storage. i will disable all drives but one. and try it again. i dont know why im having such a problem with this.

Yes i am dual booting windows 10 and sierra. i did remove all usb drives on my last install attempt but what i havent done yet is disable all the internal drives i have. i currently have 3 drives in my setup. one for sierra, one for windows 10 and the last for storage. i will disable all drives but one. and try it again. i dont know why im having such a problem with this.

One thing that I have to do to dual boot each time I update Clover is to copy the CLOVERX64.efi file from EFI/EFI/CLOVER and paste it in the EFI/Microsoft/Boot folder. Then rename the existing bootmgfw.efi file to bootmgfw-orig.efi. Then rename the CLOVERX64.efi that you copied to bootmgfw.efi. This will allow Clover to show the proper version when at the clover boot menu about screen.

Your drive setup is similar to mine. My macOS and clover are both on a M.2 SSD and Windows 10 is on a separate SSHD. I also have two HDDs in a RAID0 that I use for my scratch disk.

It's helpful to think of booting the OS as two distinct booting steps, one which boots Clover, and one which boots your OS. Your OS can be on any logical partition of any disk, and Clover is typically in the EFI partition of a physical disk. You can boot clover off the EFI partition of your Windows physical disk, and boot macOS off it's logical partition, and any combination thereof. Your BIOS controls where you boot Clover from, or you can override it typically with F12. When we install macOS we typically create a USB key and install Clover there, then boot off it until we install Clover to the EFI partition of the macOS physical disk. In a single physical disk environment it's very easy, there's just one EFI partition and you can't confuse anything mostly. With more than one physical disk (USB key is considered a physical disk) you can potentially boot Clover from any physical disk. And technically you can install Clover to the EFI partition -OR- to the non-EFI partition, so for all anyone knows you could have two (or more! one per logical partition!) on each physical disk.

So, when you think you've installed a particular version of Clover but the Clover control panel reports a different version, you don't understand which Clover you're booting, or the disk has a Clover installed in the non-EFI partition and your BIOS is not set up to boot EFI. Investigate your BIOS to understand which physical disk it's booting. Temporarily use F12 to override. Double check that there is no non-EFI-installed Clover on any logical partition.

Hopefully this is taken as helpful. I'm not trying to tell you your business.

Back