Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I made my GTX 1060 work now with the new Nvidia drivers I very happy , but now my hdmi audio is not working , I was using the HDA al887 Clover , and HDMI clover amd/nvidia , I try to reinstall HDMI but still don`t have audio only in headphone outputs.

Can anyone help me ?

Two of my ports on my GTX 1080 are not responding on Sierra, but when booting to my windows are completely fine. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried swapping them around and is how ive come to the conclusion that theyre not working.

I am using:

x2 Asus 1080p monitors, one connected via DVI that works fine, the other via HDMI to the monitor and DP into the computer.
x 1 Agon something 144hz 1440p monitor.

As I was typing this I am wondering that it might be the cable for the monitor that isnt working (hdmi/DP, although this does work when booting to windows). Are there any fixes for this do you think? I really dont want to go out and buy another cable.

Thank you

Kieran

I have installed Sierra 3 times now on my setup and each time the installation goes smoothly with no problems at all besides my graphics. I got a brand new ASUS 1080 Ti OC Strix and while it works perfectly in windows, it has yet to load the pascal drivers in Sierra. It loading the native drivers after my initial install after which I install the new pascal drivers and it tells me it successfully installed and prompts me to reboot which I do but then, it loads back up to the native drivers. I ve picked the Nvidia one from the menu bar several times but after I reboot it keeps staying in native driver. I have done the nvidiaweb check to true option and installed the latest of clover as some of the tips here have suggested but nothing so far has worked. please help. I really love this card and I would hate to imagine its a card issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 9.06.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 9.06.22 PM.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 132
I have installed Sierra 3 times now on my setup and each time the installation goes smoothly with no problems at all besides my graphics. I got a brand new ASUS 1080 Ti OC Strix and while it works perfectly in windows, it has yet to load the pascal drivers in Sierra. It loading the native drivers after my initial install after which I install the new pascal drivers and it tells me it successfully installed and prompts me to reboot which I do but then, it loads back up to the native drivers. I ve picked the Nvidia one from the menu bar several times but after I reboot it keeps staying in native driver. I have done the nvidiaweb check to true option and installed the latest of clover as some of the tips here have suggested but nothing so far has worked. please help. I really love this card and I would hate to imagine its a card issue.

Read the first post. Specifically problem #6, this is a known issue with Gigabyte 100 series boards. That's why the guides exist.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Who makes the card? I know it is an Nvidia card but who is the manufacturer. IE: Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, etc...

Help me help you.

Back