Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I am trying to use this driver to use the discrete graphics of my HP ZBook Studio G3: Nvidia m1000m. However it states '3 mb' under system information. Using iMac 17,1. AGDPfix does not seem to work keeps stating 'OSX Default Driver' after restart.

Any suggestions on how to get this card working?

It is Maxwell based so it should work but the driver may not have the ID for the card. The Quadro series cards tend to be less compatible than the GeForce cards.

It is Maxwell based so it should work but the driver may not have the ID for the card. The Quadro series cards tend to be less compatible than the GeForce cards.

I just replaced my NVIDIA GTX 760 TO GTX 1060, and I'm getting the same problem as if I didn't solve it at all with the emu driver in the custom installation of clover... Do you know anything special about the GTX 1060? Other than being a lot more powerful...

I just replaced my NVIDIA GTX 760 TO GTX 1060, and I'm getting the same problem as if I didn't solve it at all with the emu driver in the custom installation of clover... Do you know anything special about the GTX 1060? Other than being a lot more powerful...

It isn't supported at all by macOS or the Nvidia Web Drivers

I must be doing something wrong here.

Trying to install WebDriver-367.15.10.25f01.pkg on 10.12.2.

I get the error when trying to install it: "Mac OS X version 10.12.2 (16C68) is not supported with this package."

Yet, the NVIDIA website said 10.12.2 was supported with this Web installer version:
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/113889/en-us

New in Release 367.15.10.25f01:
  • Graphics driver updated for macOS Sierra 10.12.2 (16C67)

You need the 367.15.10.25f02 driver. See the first post for the link.

So is there a possibility I can get the card working (with/without this driver)? Any suggestion on where to start reading?

Not sure if anybody got tested latest 10.12.2 and nVidia 367.15.10.25f01 driver - our 4k MST@60Hz on MacMini6,2 is back without any framework/plist patching. Bravo Apple & nVidia!
YOU THE MAN! Thank you! Working for me too!

Back