Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Alright so I am having trouble solving problem #6. I have done everything the guide says to do and have also updated my plist to include nvda_drv=1. I am on update 10.12 (16A323) using the appropriate NVIDIA Web Driver. Is there something I am missing?

Here's a look at my plist.

You need to use the new method of enabling the web drivers. See the sticky thread about it. None of your boot flags are doing anything in 10.12.

Anyone know what settings I have to use for Gigabyte GTX650?

After loading it just go dark and reset...

Are you by chance using a VGA connection?

done that already, you can check for yourself:

You've got something wrong with the driver install. Not sure what to tell you.

Black screen after Apple logo?

Is there something I am missing?

Here's a look at my plist.

Your config.plist does not specify a SMBIOS - Try it with iMac14,2.

And
Slim.Jim said:
You need to use the new method of enabling the web drivers

New.png

I have -v argument and after loading it goes black and reboot.

Black screen can be caused by using wrong SMBIOS. If this is a Ivybridge machine then use iMac 13,2 as your using Nvidia graphics. Not quite sure on why your using Nvidia Web Drivers as a 650ti is native.

Black screen can be caused by using wrong SMBIOS. If this is a Ivybridge machine then use iMac 13,2 as your using Nvidia graphics. Not quite sure on why your using Nvidia Web Drivers as a 650ti is native.

I have IMac 14,2 in SMBIOS. So I don't have to inject nvidia web? Any other NVidia arguments?

I have IMac 14,2 in SMBIOS. So I don't have to inject nvidia web? Any other NVidia arguments?

iMac 14,2 is not needed with Ivybridge machines with Nvidia Graphics. No need to have Nvidia Web Drivers installed or Nvidia Web in config. 650ti is native with (Inject nvidia) set to false.

Back