Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Hello,

Just to share our experience :

We've build our first hackintosh yesterday with my brother. We've done everything following the installation guide of tonymacx86 and it went almost fine! Thx a lot for the excellent work!
We had 3 issues yesterday (graphic card, audio, sleep mode), now we only have 2, thx to this forum!

The issue with the graphic card was -> PROBLEM 6 <-
Also when looking at About this Mac we could see the graphic card but 0 VRAM... :eek: -> GTX 980 Ti...

The first time we tried solving it we used the Install clover application but had a Kernel pannic when trying to reboot...
Then we tried editing the config.plist file using clover editor but then we had a black screen when trying to reboot...

The problem was (I think) i ticked Inject nvidia when I made the USB Key with Unibeast... SO we made a new one and then edit the config.plist simply by adding <string>dart=0 nvda_drv=1</string> under arguments using TextEdit.

I struggle with the same problem.
You changed the config.plist in clover-folders?
So I do not know exactly where I need to add something.

I would appreciate it if you could perhaps put your file available.

Thanks!

Sorry I can't... As I said, I did this build for my brother and now he has left with his computer...
But I can easily explain what to do :

1st : Be sure you havent ticked "Inject nVidia" in Unibeast when you created the USB key to install El capitan. If not sure, I suggest you create a new one and re-install.

2 : After a clean install, use Multi beast and use iMac 14,2 profile.

3 : Update El Capitan -> 10.11.6 (reboot)

4 : Install nVidia web driver (reboot)

5 : Mount the EFI partition (using EFI Mounter v3) then open /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist using TextEdit. cmd-F and type "arg" -> you should find Arguments and it should look like
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0</string>

In my case it looked like that.
I just add
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>dart=0 nvda_drv=1</string>

And it worked

Thank you for your quick response!
I'll try it…
:thumbup:

pals,
using the dvi cable for my system got the system working with just
inject nvidia command.
now nneeded to know shuld i install the web drivers from nvidia for proper gfx or just inject command will do.?
also my mouse shutters while working, i.e. doesnt go across the screen smoothly and the scroll doesnt scroll smoothly.

wilt he nvidia web drivers solve the problem or will i need another fix for it?

using: mocrosoft wireless kb+mouse

help needed

hi everyone! My graphics card just died on me while my mac is on Mountain Lion and I can't seem to find a solution to update the graphic card driver. I am now using a MSI GTX 950. Is there a way to update the drivers on Mountain Lion? I also wish to update to the latest OS. Is there a way to update it without wiping my drive of all data?

Forgot to mention: iMac 14,2

Just to remind about my issue - (described in this post: #1052) - is there anything I could do? Any additional information that would be helpful to solve this problem?

Method 1:

1. Open your Clover config.plist using text edit and scroll till you see <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
  2. In that section you will want to add the following:

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>(c)Pike R. Alpha</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>
    Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
    </data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
    Ym9hcmQtaXg=
    </data>
    </dict>
  3. Save your config and now your kext will be patched when you boot by changing board-id to board-ix.
I am having trouble editing my config.plist file with this information.
Can someone upload a copy of their plist with it edited in correct format so I have some idea how it should look?
Thanks

hi everyone! My graphics card just died on me while my mac is on Mountain Lion and I can't seem to find a solution to update the graphic card driver. I am now using a MSI GTX 950. Is there a way to update the drivers on Mountain Lion? I also wish to update to the latest OS. Is there a way to update it without wiping my drive of all data?

There is no support for a Maxwell based GPU prior to OS X 10.10.0.

Back