Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

In addition to the information provided on post #918, I have a 1000W platinum rated PSU from antec. I will try something over on insanely mac where they do not use unibeast and instead just install the EFI with clover on the USB and the OS itself. Will advise if it solves problem #4.

An insufficient power supply can have exactly the same symptoms as Problem 4 above except the problem still remains whether the system type is changed or the patch is applied. This is not off-topic, as this should be noted in the section below Problem 4 as a possible cause of the display not working. Remember that many people are changing from integrated graphics with low power consumption to a video card with higher power needs.

I had a 220W power supply and a "EVGA GT740 DDR3 4GB SC" that recommended a 400W power supply. The computer would display right up to the end of the boot sequence. When the desktop should have been displayed, the Sony 27" HDTV that was the display would say NO SIGNAL. (Oddly enough my 30" monitor, an Auria EQ276W, would display the image fine as well as another HDMI monitor. A Samsung 24" HDTV would say NO SIGNAL as well as the the Sony HDTV.)

With no other changes, I changed the power supply to a 450W power supply and it solved the problem.

Don't think that should be an issue here, I have a Corsair CX Series Modular CX750M in my build, should be plenty...

Don't think that should be an issue here, I have a Corsair CX Series Modular CX750M in my build, should be plenty...
Yeah, same here- I've got a 850W Seasonic 80 plus gold that was running two 7970's without an issue, no way that a single 980ti is drawing more power than two 7970's. But I am on the same motherboard as grootbatavia. For now, my band aid fix was putting back in one of the 7970's to drive my displays, and just using the 980ti for cuda in premiere (but would like to fix as this seems like a waste of energy to me & the 7970 with video at UHD resolution /50hz seems to have just a wee bit of stutter playing out of fast enough storage via thunderbolt )

Last edited:
In addition to the information provided on post #918, I have a 1000W platinum rated PSU from antec. I will try something over on insanely mac where they do not use unibeast and instead just install the EFI with clover on the USB and the OS itself. Will advise if it solves problem #4.

I do not use UniBeast or MultiBeast myself and problem #4 still occurs if I use iMac15,1. I use the Clover patch to solve it though and have not had any issues. I am running a Corsair HX1000i Platinum rated PSU so power is not an issue.

Quite keen to know if this solved your problem and got the GPU running screens as full resolution. Nothing I did on uni and multibeast or post install on clover config sorted it for me. I got as far as a correctly identified graphics card but stuck at 2560x1440 max on my 5K screen (also tried the other patches and kext updates).

Quite keen to know if this solved your problem and got the GPU running screens as full resolution. Nothing I did on uni and multibeast or post install on clover config sorted it for me. I got as far as a correctly identified graphics card but stuck at 2560x1440 max on my 5K screen (also tried the other patches and kext updates).

Success! Got everything working now. Credits to this post on insanelymacx86. Everything is spanking now. My advice, just follow that guide to the word. Didn't even need to use HFSplus.efi or anything, just the NVME kext for my SSD since it's PCIE based. Cheers!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 9.22.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 9.22.55 PM.png
    15.5 MB · Views: 158
Success! Got everything working now. Credits to this post on insanelymacx86. Everything is spanking now. My advice, just follow that guide to the word. Didn't even need to use HFSplus.efi or anything, just the NVME kext for my SSD since it's PCIE based. Cheers!

Likely your issue stemmed from unecessary options chosen when using the tools from this site. I prefer a more hands on method but it isn't for everyone.

Which 5K screen? I have a Dell UP2715K, It works as 4K from either Intel HD 530 or NVIDIA TitanX X using the provided mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable.

I believe 5K works from Intel HD 530 as 30 Hz (but I'd have to retest to be sure). Using the NVIDIA card, it is troublesome (requires cycling the power of the monitor) and sometimes causes a kernel panic.

Back