Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

If you are not using the web drivers, nvidia manager usually asks you if you want to use them, after this the system restarts and you should be good. I've not selected the drivers from the top menu.

If 10.11.5 drops support for the 740 GT, then using the internal OsX drivers for this card are not an option right?

So, I would have to do everything with the card unplugged, run multibeast (Intel 530 is optional since I'm going to an Nvidia card), and then install Nvidia web drivers, then modify my config.plist with Fix #4 on Post #1, then reboot, change bios to pcie, shutdown, install card, boot with card, pray.

I get that all correct?

If 10.11.5 drops support for the 740 GT, then using the internal OsX drivers for this card are not an option right?

So, I would have to do everything with the card unplugged, run multibeast (Intel 530 is optional since I'm going to an Nvidia card), and then install Nvidia web drivers, then modify my config.plist with Fix #4 on Post #1, then reboot, change bios to pcie, shutdown, install card, boot with card, pray.

I get that all correct?
The GT740 is a hit and miss card when being able to use the native OS X drivers, the majority of users that I've read about have to install the drivers. You should be able to use the boot flag nv_disable=1 with your card installed. Once you install the web drivers switch the boot flag for nvda_drv=1. If you need to remove your card then yes your method is right.

Last edited:
The GT740 is a hit and miss card when being able to use the native OS X drivers, the majority of users that I've read about have to install the drivers. You should be able to use the boot flag nv_disable=1 with your card installed. Once you install the web drivers drivers switch the boot flag for nvda_drv=1. If you need to remove your card then yes your method is right.
Oh man, I just got it all sorted and created a big ol walk through for dummies like me. Thanks!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...idia-geforce-740-gt-4gb-gddr5-skylake.195417/
O

hello,
I was able to re-install El Capitan successfully! But I'm having problems with the screen resolution. It's stuck at 1280 x 1024 but my screen is 1920 x 1080, I never had this problem before. I think the problem has to do with me clearing the RTC ram. But I'm not sure how to get it back to its normal resolution? Any solutions?

No problem, the kext is disabled with the patch you've applied. It not loading on your system with MacPro6,1 system definition.

EDIT: looking at your IOReg it appears that you have no acceleration, you've installed the web drivers? - booting with nvda_drv=1? yet it doesn't show the web drivers are loaded.
So I tried reinstalling the AppleGraphicsControl.kext with an original version and it still didn't help. The kext doesn't show up under IORegExplorer. Any ideas?

So I tried reinstalling the AppleGraphicsControl.kext with an original version and it still didn't help. The kext doesn't show up under IORegExplorer. Any ideas?
If you are running a patch for this in your config.plist then it won't show up and you don't want it to.
Looking at your boot arguments, is the only way you can get to the desktop is by booting with nv_disable=1?

I am having the same issue a previous user posted about with my Quadro M2000. What it does do is gets to a black screen that has a circle that goes away then a cursor flashes in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Then back to the spinning circle. Then the cursor flashes in the corner again. And it just repeats.

The card is a Quadro M2000, which is the same chipset as the GT 950/960.

Oddly enough, the machine boots fine when I throw my 980ti in there. Does anyone have any insight on what is the problem here?

Ok I noticed that after I finally got my hackintosh working I was getting tracers and my software was generally buggy from the graphics card working. I installed the latest GeForce driver from the website and when I restarted my computer I've now started getting kernel panics again. The firs kernel panic I'm uploading is from trying to boot my mac normally and the second is the one I get trying to boot in safe mode. I know that installing the drivers is what's causing the kernel panics however I cannot figure out how to delete the files since I cannot boot into safe mode. I'm completely lost as to what I need to do so any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Kernel Panic.JPG
    Kernel Panic.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 120
  • Kernel Panic Safe Mode.JPG
    Kernel Panic Safe Mode.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 123
Ok I noticed that after I finally got my hackintosh working I was getting tracers and my software was generally buggy from the graphics card working. I installed the latest GeForce driver from the website and when I restarted my computer I've now started getting kernel panics again. The firs kernel panic I'm uploading is from trying to boot my mac normally and the second is the one I get trying to boot in safe mode. I know that installing the drivers is what's causing the kernel panics however I cannot figure out how to delete the files since I cannot boot into safe mode. I'm completely lost as to what I need to do so any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Your KP is being caused by the kext you installed from InsanelyMac for your ethernet.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-17%20at%204.31.52%20PM_zps5dci8ldw.png

Booting in safe mode would boot without the graphics drivers anyways so it is not what is causing your KP.

Back