Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

But if I click it gives me this error: unable to open the NVDIA manager (she asks me to try reinstalling it does not go anyway)

Re-download the driver and re-install

Wow I managed to get it to work. All I had to do was unplug the HDMI cable from my computer that is plugged into the monitor and replug it in so it could 'find the monitor' and it's working!

Thanks for the help everyone ;-)

Hi,
My GTX 660 shows VRAM 7MB. I tried both boot argument nv_disable=1 and nvda_drv=1 also tried bot Injection YES or NO. When I boot machine after clover boot screen display turn black after waiting No desktop. I tried also verbose mode no any kernel panic just don't load desktop. When I just writing nv_disable=1 on clover boot option desktop coming with VRAM 7MB. I tried even clean install still nothing change.

I also tried these;
Bios > PEG or PCIE> CSM Disable > Patch vBios > Clover Screen Coming No Desktop

Bios > PEG or PCIE > CSM Enable > Patch vBios > Clover Screen Coming No Desktop

Bios > PEG or PCIE > CSM Disable > Patch vBios > CSM Driver > Nvda_drv=1 > Clover Screen Coming No Desktop

Bios > PEG or PCIE > CSM Disable > Patch vBios > CSM Driver > nv_disable=1 > Desktop coming with VRAM: 7MB

Please give me suggestion what can I try?

I0xEPPF.png

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm having a bit of a shocker with my first Hackintosh build (yup - welcome to the club :) ). I can install El Capitan (.5) no problem with the awesome instructions on this site - the problem is the Nvidia GTX980 I'm trying to use with it - I'm encountering problem 4 ("Monitor goes to sleep at the end of the boot sequence") but I'm not using one of the machine identifiers listed there, but rather MacPro3,1 (config.plist attached).

I'm confident that its problem 4 rather than a complete system freeze since I can use VNC from another machine to do a remote session and its responsive. When in the VNC session "About this Mac" shows the Nvidia card as correctly detected. Weirdly it also says "iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)". But I specifically selected "MacPro3,1" in MultiBeast and the config.plist appears to agree with that.

I tried the "Pike R. Alpha" fix, which you'll be able to see in the config.plist, but that had no effect.

System:

* Mother board: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
* CPU: i7-6700K
* Graphics card: Asus GTX980 OC (4GB)
* RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
* SSD: Crucial 250GB

Anyone got any ideas? I'm at a complete lost!

Honestly I think using the listed identifiers would be a way easier solution. There's not really a reason to stick with the macpro3,1 in your case since all your components are very recent. Try switching to macpro6,1 and see if the aforementioned solutions get you any further. Never forget to have an emergency Clover USB stick at hand with your previous config, so you'll be sure you can revert back if things get sour.

i installed the web driver software i needed and my screen is just black when i restarted it after the installation

i installed the web driver software i needed and my screen is just black when i restarted it after the installation

What system profile are you using? What i7 are your using? What motherboard are you using? Etc, etc...

Problem 4: Monitor goes to sleep at the end of the boot sequence when using iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro 6,1 system definition

Fix: modify the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext as pointed out by PikeRAlpha here. We have two options, using Clover's built in kext patching (preferred) or manually editing the kext. Using Clover to patch the kext on the fly is preferred because it does not get over written after each OS X update. If you do it manually you will have to make the edits after each update.

Method 1:

1. Open your Clover config.plist using text edit and scroll till you see <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
  2. In that section you will want to add the following:

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>(c)Pike R. Alpha</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>
    Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
    </data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
    Ym9hcmQtaXg=
    </data>
    </dict>
  3. Save your config and now your kext will be patched when you boot by changing board-id to board-ix.

[/QUOTE]

Hello..i have same problem...no metter if i install mac pro 3.1 or iMac 14.2....15.1...Every time i instal nvidia driver it automaticly change to iMac 14.2 and i can't boot it from mac disk...but with Usb boot every time...i got clover boot loader inhaled that u don't think i haven't....sistem boot from mac disk avery time till i install nvidia driver...than i can't boot it from mac disk just from bootable usb where i have El capitan and clover installed. I added inject nVidia in Clover config.plist and same....this do all the time when i install fresh os x...can u specify where i add the following quote coz original look like this:
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<false/>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelHaswellE</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
Thank you.

Hello..i have same problem...no metter if i install mac pro 3.1 or iMac 14.2....15.1...Every time i instal nvidia driver it automaticly change to iMac 14.2 and i can't boot it from mac disk...but with Usb boot every time...i got clover boot loader inhaled that u don't think i haven't....sistem boot from mac disk avery time till i install nvidia driver...than i can't boot it from mac disk just from bootable usb where i have El capitan and clover installed. I added inject nVidia in Clover config.plist and same....this do all the time when i install fresh os x...can u specify where i add the following quote coz original look like this:
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<false/>
<key>Debug</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelHaswellE</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelLapic</key>
<false/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
Thank you.
Sorry, I have no idea what you are asking.

Back