Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I have issues with GTX 660 Ti. No signal "black screen".

I installed El Capitan with nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 and installed the Nvdia Web Driver.
Added the flags dart=0 nvda_drv=1 -v.

SMBIOS. iMac 17,1
I have No signal.

Any solution ?

Thanks

use iMac14,2

thank you for all the assistance! finally got the gtx980 working again. one thing that i find interesting is that the fans on the card are not running once i boot into osx. the fans turn on during the BIOS POST sequence but turn off.

The fans not spinning is perfectly normal. Most 9xx cards are semi passive.

HDMI and Displayport

​i could kiss you slim jim #4 ahhhhh yes!!!!!!!

The fans not spinning is perfectly normal. Most 9xx cards are semi passive.
Thank you. Noticed that after the fact when i booted i to windows.
But i am having the issue that when i reboot the system after the initial 'working system' i can no longer boot to desktop u less i do -x. It seems it 'looses' the drivers or something.

But i am having the issue that when i reboot the system after the initial 'working system' i can no longer boot to desktop u less i do -x. It seems it 'looses' the drivers or something.

Add nvda_drv=1 to your config. It likely isn't being stored in NVRAM properly.

SOLVED random monitor sleep in boot on gtx 960

Because of unknown reasons chimera forgets some flags I added it into /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist
I added flags nv_enable=1 darkwake=1.
It works!

similar here. Have easily installed 10.11.2 with everything working but some problem with GTX970. When I start computer it restarts in the middle of booting process so I can not boot. After this spontaneous restart it successfully boot at the second attempt

Back