Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Solving NVIDIA driver install problems

Hi,

I have already tried the fix to prevent the monitor to go to sleep after the boot loader but it doesn't seem to have made any difference with my GTX970.

When i boot with nvda_drv=0 or nv_disable=0 I am able to get into OSX but it is very slow and lags.

Has anyone any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Daan ter Horst

what system profile are you using?

what system profile are you using?
Mac Pro 3,1

When I disconnect and reconnect the monitor to the graphics card it seems to work. But how to fix it without having to reconnect the monitor?

Hi, I didn't see any posts with a problem similar to what I'm seeing - which is that I've installed the web drivers, but the system refuses to use them...

I started with problem 2, and installed .02f02. I rebooted after installation and startup was the same as before with low-rez laggy graphics. I checked the nvidia control panel and attempted to switch to the web driver, rebooted, and no change. I did more reading and fixed permissions, updated the web driver to .02f04 - repaired permissions and rebooted. Still the same - low-rez laggy graphics.

To confirm, I checked my Displays control panel and still have no resolution choices - just a default 1024x768 (ouch!).

For my system installation I used Unibeast to get to the installer, then installed Clover for subsequent booting. I didn't touch Multibeast - don't know if that's a factor. Within Clover, I have the following boot flags: npci=0x2000, Slide=0, kext-dev-mode=1, and nv_disable=1.

I've tried the 3,1 and 5,1 SMBIOS profiles for Mac Pro - currently using MacPro5,1.

(I'm a total noob at this. This is my second computer build, and my very first hackintosh. I'm excited to have gotten this far...:))

Any ideas?

I have the following boot flags: npci=0x2000, Slide=0, kext-dev-mode=1, and nv_disable=1

You should swap nvda_drv=1 for nv_disable=1.

Please read the Rules :

Signatures are for build descriptions only. Maximum of 4 systems listed and limited to motherboard, CPU and graphics card(s) only

Thank you!!! That solved my problem.

i am getting the symptoms of problem 4 where my monitor goes to sleep. but the fix didn't fix it. I'm using pro 6,1 with an asus gtx 780

i am getting the symptoms of problem 4 where my monitor goes to sleep. but the fix didn't fix it. I'm using pro 6,1 with an asus gtx 780

You'd be better off using iMac14,2. 6,1 can be unstable and your hardware doesn't warrant it.

Hi, Slim.Jim!
My monitor also goes to sleep at the end of the boot sequence when using iMac10,1.
How can I modify the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext to iMac10,1?
Great work!
Thank You Very Much!

i have black screen at boot now

i have asus hero vii and asus gtx 750 if it helps

Please read the Rules :

Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Thanks in anticipation

Boot with -v and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Hey, according to my hardware, which system profile should I use?
I tried out the iMac15,1 since it showed the same processor (intel core i7 4790K) but that seemed to be a bit slow at times... Which i am strongly believing is not the fault of my hardware! Would a MacPro3,1 or MacPro4,1 suit me better? Thanks in advance.

FYI, if you are having trouble solving the iMac15,1 problem #4 due to the locked info.plist text file, i recommend copying it to the desktop. There, one has permissions to change it and afterwards, one can copy it back. Now, the permissions have obviously changed (clearly noticable by the fact that one could edit the file), which can be be repaired in Disk Utility. There, select the disk (in my case "Yosemite"). Under "First Aid" one can find "Repair Disk Permissions". Addionally, dont forget to rebuild the kernel caches as explained in Problem #4 of the original post.

Back