Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Solving NVIDIA driver install problems

How frustrating is this!

Ha. So I made the changes to the plist file and now the computer freezes on the grey apple screen. In the past it would get to that stage and then the display went to sleep, it doesn't do that anymore, just freezes!

How frustrating is this!

Ha. So I made the changes to the plist file and now the computer freezes on the grey apple screen. In the past it would get to that stage and then the display went to sleep, it doesn't do that anymore, just freezes!

If your screen goes to sleep then you need to use solution for problem #4. Put you flags back the way it was and use guide #4 from this thread.

Thanks for the info, what if I am using MacPro3,1. Do I need to change that first?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info, what if I am using MacPro3,1. Do I need to change that first?

Thanks again.

I use MacPro6.1 and it worked out for me. I had same problem with monitors going to sleep. You need to play with flags. Can you load your system with GTX970 using flag nv_disable=1? If so then try different combinations of flags related to graphics. Also try rebuild kernel cache.

Am I the only one who gets a KP going to the new f03 drivers? It says my current driver is out of date and I need to update, but when i do it KP's and I have to roll back via time machine to get system back again.

I'm using a 560ti Geforce. Any help appreciated.

IMG_0923.JPG

So a bit more playing around today. I managed to get it to boot OK with the following command:

-x -v nvda_drv=1

I believe this boots into safe mode.

However the screen looks like the attached photo with a number of red squares on the screen! I never see anything like this when I boot into Windows so I don't think it's the card itself.

Any ideas, I've googled but not found anything yet.

Thanks,

View attachment 137818

So a bit more playing around today. I managed to get it to boot OK with the following command:

-x -v nvda_drv=1

I believe this boots into safe mode.

However the screen looks like the attached photo with a number of red squares on the screen! I never see anything like this when I boot into Windows so I don't think it's the card itself.

Any ideas, I've googled but not found anything yet.

Thanks,

Try booting with UseKernelCache=No. I have the same problem, if I use -x it works but that is sluggish safe mode. UseKernelCache=No boots normal for me but takes longer. See my post here http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...web-driver-gtx-750-w-o-usekernelcache-no.html

While doing this i ran in to a problem, i think i did everything right ??
What should i do ???
Or what have i done wrong ?

[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/uBgiFlx.png)

I also remember downloading the CUDA drivers before trying out the web drivers. This got me thinking: What's the difference between CUDA drivers and the Nvidia web drivers? I cant seem to find much info online other than that CUDA is a graphics architecture.

CUDA is an ensemble of drivers and libraries that allows to do general purpose computations (i.e. not necessarily graphics-related) on Nvidia GPU. If you heard of OpenCL, that is similar, only a it more open and favored by Apple. It's great for scientific computing, and some image/video related computations, as well as 3D rendering.

While doing this i ran in to a problem, i think i did everything right ??
What should i do ???
Or what have i done wrong ?

[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/uBgiFlx.png)

This means you have a syntax error in the distribution file. Most likely it is your quotation marks being smart quotes. If the quotation mark looks italicized then it is a smart quote.

Back