Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Your KP is being caused by the kext you installed from InsanelyMac for your ethernet.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-17%20at%204.31.52%20PM_zps5dci8ldw.png

Booting in safe mode would boot without the graphics drivers anyways so it is not what is causing your KP.
How do I get rid of this kext without booting into safe mode?

How do I get rid of this kext without booting into safe mode?

Is that kext installed in S/L/E or is it installed in the Clover /kexts/10.11 folder?

Is that kext installed in S/L/E or is it installed in the Clover /kexts/10.11 folder?
I downloaded it using Multibeast and it's not on the flash drive so I'd assume that means it's in S/L/E?

I have the same issue. How do I edit this config file and where do I put the code? I have installed Clover Configurator.

If you are running a patch for this in your config.plist then it won't show up and you don't want it to.
Looking at your boot arguments, is the only way you can get to the desktop is by booting with nv_disable=1?
Yeah that seems to be the only way, I have recently added the patch to the config.plist but it doesn't seem to help.

Yeah that seems to be the only way, I have recently added the patch to the config.plist but it doesn't seem to help.

Post your config.plist

Ok I noticed that after I finally got my hackintosh working I was getting tracers and my software was generally buggy from the graphics card working. I installed the latest GeForce driver from the website and when I restarted my computer I've now started getting kernel panics again. The firs kernel panic I'm uploading is from trying to boot my mac normally and the second is the one I get trying to boot in safe mode. I know that installing the drivers is what's causing the kernel panics however I cannot figure out how to delete the files since I cannot boot into safe mode. I'm completely lost as to what I need to do so any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kernel Panic shows theres a problem with AppleIntelE kext which is ethernet. Where did you get your Ethernet kext from?

Here it is!

I would start by removing most if not all of the DSDT fixes you have set to true. If they aren't necessary they can cause issues.

Thank you so much! I have been trying to fix my display for 2 weeks. My friend forwarded me the link to this page and I downloaded the AGDPfix. Now I am at the best resolution and no more lag. Thank you! EDIT: It worked until I restarted my computer. No updates were applied or anything. Now I am back at 1024X768, and I have to use NV_disabled=1 or it goes black again. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Back