Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Having an issue keeping the Web Driver enabled after reboot.
I have the following:
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5
i7 6700K
Gigabyte 980 Ti G1

I have nvda_drv=1 enabled in Clover Configurator, but it still says I'm using the system driver instead of the Web Driver. On the login screen and Launch Pad, there's a "scanning" type look to how the graphics are rendered. Using DVI cable to VG248QE monitor

Same boat as a few others. Totally at my wits end. Stayed up till 2:30AM trying to figure out WHY I'm getting that stupid black screen when loading up with my Nvidia GT 740 (4GB GDDR5).

I have a perfectly working setup when I pull the card out (HD 530 graphics acceleration, etc). And after installing the Nvidia web drivers, and performing step 4 on here, I still just get that black screen.

As soon as I stick the card in and boot up, nada. What's the proper order of operations here? Boot without 740 card, get to desktop, install web drivers, shutdown, toss card in, plug video plugs into back (Mini-HDMI to HDMI) .

What am I missing???

Gahh sorry, here you go!
No problem, the kext is disabled with the patch you've applied. It not loading on your system with MacPro6,1 system definition.

EDIT: looking at your IOReg it appears that you have no acceleration, you've installed the web drivers? - booting with nvda_drv=1? yet it doesn't show the web drivers are loaded.

Last edited:
What's the proper order of operations here? Boot without 740 card, get to desktop, install web drivers, shutdown, toss card in, plug video plugs into back (Mini-HDMI to HDMI) .

What am I missing???
Usually install the alternate drivers, if you are installing with HD530, restart and enter the BIOS, change graphics boot priority from IGPU/IGFX to PEG/PCIe save the settings. Shut down the system install the graphics card/add cables including power if required. Start the system, you should see BIOS splash screen/Clover and OS X right through to the desktop.

No problem, the kext is disabled with the patch you've applied. It not loading on your system with MacPro6,1 system definition.

EDIT: looking at your IOReg it appears that you have no acceleration, you've installed the web drivers? - booting with nvda_drv=1? yet it doesn't show the web drivers are loaded.
Yes I have them installed and the boot flag set, I'll try fixing it after work and report back. Thanks!

we have the same problem

after 2 to 3 times restart machine boot normally
this occur after installing web drivers and nvda_drv=1
please help

my spec

ASUS Z97 Pro wifi
17-4790
Asus GTX 970 4 GB Strix
corsair vengeance 8x2 ram

Usually install the alternate drivers, if you are installing with HD530, restart and enter the BIOS, change graphics boot priority from IGPU/IGFX to PEG/PCIe save the settings. Shut down the system install the graphics card/add cables including power if required. Start the system, you should see BIOS splash screen/Clover and OS X right through to the desktop.

Do I ever have to select Nvidia drivers manually up at the top of the screen?

Also, my previous attempts I've been installing the a intel 530 driver when I run multibeast... But after thinking about it maybe I'm not supposed to since I'll be installing the graphics card directly after my next reboot...

I can't wait for Apple to launch more Skylake so we're not limited to 17,1! Haha

Do I ever have to select Nvidia drivers manually up at the top of the screen?
If you are not using the web drivers, nvidia manager usually asks you if you want to use them, after this the system restarts and you should be good. I've not selected the drivers from the top menu.

Also, my previous attempts I've been installing the a intel 530 driver when I run multibeast... But after thinking about it maybe I'm not supposed to since I'll be installing the graphics card directly after my next reboot...
This doesn't matter, I swap between HD530 and my GTX970 regularly. I've installed with HD530 and use the GTX970 without a hiccup.

I can't wait for Apple to launch more Skylake so we're not limited to 17,1! Haha
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but new SMBIOSes will carry the same policies towards graphics.

I know in the realm of issues to have with your hackintosh this is low on the list and just cosmetic ;)

I've gotten my GT 710 to work perfectly with my Dell U2715H monitor. Just three steps, download appropriate web drivers, add nvda_driver=1 and do not Inject NVidia.

Now in System Information I see only "NVIDIA Graphics Device 2047 MB." I use to see "NVIDIA 9800GT 512MB" which was my previous card.

Is there any way to get this to show up properly?

Thanks!

Back