Graphics
Nvidia GTX 750
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
SE
Mobile Phone
iOS
Same problem: login glitch (login black screen, login black screen, login black screen). Have read a lot, others are having the same trouble with the GTX 1060.

Trying with this new build:

G-Force GTX 1060 6GB
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING
Intel Core i5-8400

1. I cloned my last working hackintosh drive 10.13.6,
2. installed the ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-G build EFI.
3. Reinstalled the Nvidia Web Drivers 387.10.10.10.40.105
4. Tried several fixes from this thread and others, from disabling SIP to NVRAM fixes. Nothing changes.

Everything else works without nvda_drv=1 but haven't been able to activate the NVIDIA drivers without breaking the login.

I finally change the graphics card. I buy a 1050 4GB. It works without any problem.

1no

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I finally change the graphics card. I buy a 1050 4GB. It works without any problem.
I found a way to solve the problem of 1060 card login glitch by updating to Mojave and installing the last working drivers trough this script: https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

What I have right now is a build that gets trough the login, that doesn't have visible screen glitches, that recognizes the 1060, but that doesn't have graphics acceleration. I have been told that this will change (hopefully) once Nvidia releases the new web drivers.

More info of others who solved that problem here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ck-at-login-screen.259852/page-2#post-1826892

Motherboard
GA-H97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GTX 960
Hi Folks!

GA-H97M-D3H
Intel Core i7-4790 3,6 Ghz
Nvidia GF GTX 960
16 gb ram 1600mhz

This is my third build. On my latest build runs El Capitan, I never see something before, but the ssd going wrong. :)
A want instal High Sierra, 10.13.6 but I have trouble whit Nvidia web drivers.
A tried all the solutions from the forum, but no luck…
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

I use the right drivers for this: 10.13.6 (17G2208)
but the same message pop ups:
Mac OS X version is not compatible says the installer from nvidia driver.

I install cuda, but no GPU detected message pops up.
I use AGDPfix, checked the Nvidiaweb in system parameters in clover, I checked and unchecked all the boot arguments nvda_drv=1 and nv_disable=1. I add this to config.plist:
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<false/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

I install EmuVariableUefi-64.
Disable the integrated graphic card in bios.
About this Mac Displays 7 MB on Graphic settings,
Login screen flashs.

This is my second day on install High Sierra…
I missed something?

Thanks for replays
Tamás

BreBo

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 970
Motherboard
GA-H97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GTX 960
Thanx for your replay, I install Mojave whit no problem. :headbang:

BreBo

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 970
Thanx for your replay, I install Mojave whit no problem. :headbang:
Please note that patched Nvidia web drivers won't work on Mojave.
Your card is listed correctly but there is no acceleration.

iPB

Motherboard
Clevo P65
CPU
i7-4720HQ
Graphics
GTX 970M | HD 4600
Mac
iMac
Please note that patched Nvidia web drivers won't work on Mojave.
Your card is listed correctly but there is no acceleration.
Solution?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming-K7
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Solution?
You have 3 choices.
1) Don't upgrade to/install Mojave until Nvidia release Mojave-compatible video drivers for unsupported GPUs.
2) If you already have or are going to upgrade to Mojave, remove any non-natively supported Nvidia GPUs and plug your monitor into one of your MB's native Intel graphics ports. Or...
3) Purchase one of the Mojave natively-supported AMD GPUs.

Motherboard
Fujitsu Siemens D3402-A1
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
HD 530
Trouble installing Nvidia web driver which I have solved, so hopefully I can help someone if not already known.

I have updated my hacky from Sierra, which runs very fine to High Sierra by doing a fresh install to an empty disk.
My preparation was to update clover and all kext like lilu, whatevergreen, etc. to the newest versions.

In the installation dialogue I decided to use my old disk as source to restore application and settings by the installer automatically. So the web driver was copied from Sierra to High Sierra.

(I have a old i2400 CPU and a 1050 TI Nvidia GFX)

The first start to 10.13 results in laggy GUI as the old web driver was outdated for HS. So my first step was to update the driver via the pref panel and to restart.
The second start was a kind of crazy. While the login screen faded away like it should all windows have been very laggy with graphic glitches while moving and the dock was not transparent. But to my surprise a game was running in full frame rate with full acceleration as well.
After some research I have figured out that I have to:

Change CsrActiveConfig to 0x00 (in clover configurator) and reinstall the web driver and allow to load Nvidia system extension in the security system pref pane if prompted

After the next restart my GUI was working like expected.

But the next problem just follows some minutes later: As prompted by the App Store I updated my 10.13 to 10.13.6 by applying the combo update. After the update the GUI even does not start any more. I stuck with a black screen. I just recognises that the system is running fine after typing in my login credentials the hd started to work. This time it was a little bit more tricky.

Add ngfxcompat=1 to clover boot args and disable NvidiaWeb. Start with a lagy GUI (build-in driver), check if you have CrsActiveConfig set to 0x00 and uninstall your web driver via pref pane. After the reboot reinstall the web driver and allow to load Nvidia system extension in the security system pref pane if prompted

After a restart everything works fine. So I have now a Nvidia web driver driven 10.13.6 installation with a 1050 TI - smooth!

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Rampage V Extreme X99
CPU
i7-5960
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
You have 3 choices.
1) Don't upgrade to/install Mojave until Nvidia release Mojave-compatible video drivers for unsupported GPUs.
2) If you already have or are going to upgrade to Mojave, remove any non-natively supported Nvidia GPUs and plug your monitor into one of your MB's native Intel graphics ports. Or...
3) Purchase one of the Mojave natively-supported AMD GPUs.
#2 is not really a choice, unless for some silly reason you don't have a x58/x79/x99/x299 motherboard.