Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Please complete your profile with your build specs.

MOBO Gigabyte H270M-D3H-CF
CPU i3-6320T CPU @ 3.40GHz
Graphics Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 2 GB
Other
Hardware 16 GB Ram

Hi, can anyone help me please? I have some problems with my first build.
I can no longer run Nvidia web drivers! During booting the bar reaches about 60% and then the screen no longer receives any signal.
The only way is to start by unchecking "Use NVIDIA WEB driver" in clover boot.
I also tried -Clover Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller- and then -Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4411-, but without success (probably my MB does not support the native NVRAM).
So I installed -Clover UEFI Boot Mode with Emulated NVRAM v2.4k r4411- but nothing.
The problem has only recently appeared. Here is the hardware:
- Asus Z270F strix
- I7 7700K
- GTX 1050 TI

Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.6
Nvidia web: 378.05.05.25f06

What could be the cause?

I add the Config file and my kext if they can help!

Schermata 2018-03-22 alle 19.50.23.png

Schermata 2018-03-22 alle 19.48.58.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 160
I can no longer run Nvidia web drivers! During booting the bar reaches about 60% and then the screen no longer receives any signal.
I also tried -Clover Emulated NVRAM Uninstaller- and then -Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4411-, but without success (probably my MB does not support the native NVRAM).
So I installed -Clover UEFI Boot Mode with Emulated NVRAM v2.4k r4411- but nothing.
- Asus Z270F strix
- I7 7700K
- GTX 1050 TI

Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.6

What could be the cause?

View attachment 320329
View attachment 320330

I have the same problem as you.
my setup is:
- MSI Z170-A Krait Gaming R6 Siege
- I5 6600
- GTX 960 (2GB)

OS X Sierra 10.12.6
web driver: 378.05.05.25f06
Clover updated to r4411 with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
SMBIOS: iMac 17,1

I updated Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, but still get black screen and freeze when boot.
I can enter desktop only with nv_disable=1.

hope someone can help that would be very appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
- Asus Z270F strix
- I7 7700K
- GTX 1050 TI

Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.6

What could be the cause?

View attachment 320329
View attachment 320330

I have the same problem. I own GTX 1050Ti ASUS, the problem appeared couple days ago, seems it was time triggered because it happened about the same time for 3 of us [posts above mine] (i didn't do any updates in past few days so I don't know why it happend). I have lilu + nvidiafixup.kexts in version 1.21. I tried reinstalling drivers with SIP enabled/disabled + updated both clover on computer and EFI, still have black display when booting. Does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

OS X Sierra 10.12.6 (16G1212)
web driver: 378.05.05.25f06
Clover updated to r4411 with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
SMBIOS: iMac 17,1

Last edited:
I own Customac based tonymac, msi z270 m5, i3-7320, gigabyte 1050ti 4GD OC
high Sierra 10.13.3 and install Nvidia web driver

NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS 10.13.3
(17D47)

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/130460/en-us

After that, I switch to Nvidia web driver and did a restart, the Nvidia web driver still unchecked, I checked it again from system preferences and did a restart, at that time it look like worked, I did a restart again, and before reach login , it show broken visual like attachment (broken display)

I try do -v, and it back to default to macOS graphics driver.

Note:
I have a strange glitch after I did Multibeast on fresh install, before I use multibeast, the glitch is not appear ( like normal display with small resolutions) but after multicast, it show glitch like artifacts when cursor moving or change screen.i don't know if this related.

Any advice for this issue ?

Kind Regards

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-03-30 at 00.20.09.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-03-30 at 00.20.09.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 201
  • config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 226
Everytime when I install the NV Web Driver the osx don't boot (reboots after a time loading)
Anyway, Isn't working my machine is:
i5 4460 and GTX 960 PNY (4gb)

I have installed: Lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixu and Shiki
but no lucky.

I heared the vga isn't supported, to use DVI or HDMI, I'm using the DVI output of my GPU with a VGA Adapter, this can do something?

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.5 KB · Views: 239
----------------------------
Problem 5: Updated OS X and new drivers aren't available yet

Fix: modify the NVDAStartup.kext to force the older drivers to load.
(EDITED FOR MACOS 10.11+)
  1. Open up terminal and enter the following command:

sudo nano /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist
  2. Enter your password and scroll down to where it says NVDARequiredOS
  3. Change the build number below that to your current build number
  4. Rebuild kernel cache suing the two commands from Problem #4
  5. Reboot

Was the path for the plist specified in step 1 changed ??? (perhaps when this fix was updated for MACOS 10.11+) ????

I use MACOS 10.12.6 where the plist was located here: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist

I seem to recall that when I first used this fix a few months ago, the instructions for problem 5 did point me to the Library directory that's inside of the System directory. When following the instructions for this fix today, I couldn't find the plist given in the path found in step 1 (quoted above) ... but I eventually found the kext directory using Terminal find command .... and was able implement the fix successfully.

Update:
When I woke up in the morning, and turn on my pc, I surprise the display is run with Nvidia web driver, and proper 3k resolution. Cause I still curious I reboot again, and garble display after loading bar 70% is happen again.
I force my pc to shutdown, waiting 2 minutes, and start my pc again, and it it run with Nvidia web driver 3k proper display, I do a reboot again, and garble display it happen again.

So conclusion:
garble screen only happen when I do reboot.

any of you have same experienced like me ?
please help.

A update of my case:
As I suspected the problem is the DVI output of my gpu, I have plugged the monitor in hdmi output and booted without problem!

Back