Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Frustrated with this process. I followed problem 6, and now I get a black screen. So what do you do next? Reload the whole system? Got a EVGA GTX 1060. There are multiple comments on updating nvda settings, but I cannot get past the black screen.
Just boot with nv_disable=1. You are likely getting a black screen because the Web Drivers are loading now and you are using one of the defenitions mentioned in problem #4.

Hi Slim.jim,

I seem to have problem 6 i have installed the Nvida web drivers but when I reboot the manager is still showing OS X Driver, have installed the emuvaribleuefi-64 with rt variables in clover but still get the same result, also tried intalling the nvidagraphicsfixup.kext and lilu.kext to no avil, can you help?

imac 14,2, i5 3750k, P8-H61MX-USB3,GTX970

Motherboard
Maximus Ranger ASUS
CPU
i7
Graphics
NVIDIA
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just boot with nv_disable=1. You are likely getting a black screen because the Web Drivers are loading now and you are using one of the defenitions mentioned in problem #4.
Thanks @slim.jim I was able to boot with that clover option...did not realize I could do that. SO is method #1 for the black screen the best approach? I am having issues w/ installing Kext Beast at the moment.

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks @slim.jim I was able to boot with that clover option...did not realize I could do that. SO is method #1 for the black screen the best approach? I am having issues w/ installing Kext Beast at the moment.
Method #1 is what I use and it is update proof.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming-K7
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
@slim.jim Ok, I'm confused. Isn't your fix in Problem 6 obsolete? I thought, as of macOS Sierra, NvidiaWeb=True is now the correct setting (See this post- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/).

Problem 6: You select Nvidia Web Drivers in the menu bar or the Nvidia Driver Manager preference pane but when you restart OS X Default Graphics Driver is checked.
This is caused when your board does not have native NVRAM support such as Gigabyte 100 series boards.

Fix:
setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@slim.jim Ok, I'm confused. Isn't your fix in Problem 6 obsolete? I thought, as of macOS Sierra, NvidiaWeb=True is now the correct setting (See this post- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/).
No, the Clover boot flag nvda_drv=1 is no longer used since Sierra but the flag is still stored in NVRAM when you choose the web drivers from the Nvidia Driver Manager.

It is stored as:
Code:
<key>nvda_drv</key
    <data>
    MQA=
    </data>

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming-K7
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
No, the Clover boot flag nvda_drv=1 is no longer used since Sierra but the flag is still stored in NVRAM when you choose the web drivers from the Nvidia Driver Manager.

It is stored as:
Code:
<key>nvda_drv</key
    <data>
    MQA=
    </data>
Thanks, SlimJim. I did not know that. Ya learn something new every day. :thumbup:

Motherboard
Gigabyte AORUS GA-Z270X-Gaming K7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
I have been able to install macOS 10.12.6 but cannot get it to recognize the graphics card. I installed the webdriver and worked through problem 6 but have had no luck. I am going to run a fresh install and see how that goes.

Any other suggestions? Thanks.
And its now working. Not sure what happened. I'll put it down to magic and move on to getting audio and usb type c working.

This site is great by the way. Thanks everyone for all your help.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi there,

I have a similar problem. I installed everything in accordance to the guides. Had the problem with restarting to standard drivers and not the web driver. (I have a GTX 1080 btw)
When I try the nvram solution, clover is shown in grey instead of black and after that the apple logo with loading bar shows, but after that I get a black screen and can't do anything. When I press a key I can hear the mac sound but yeah, I'm stuck.
GPU is connected via HDMI if that helps.
I hope somebody can help me. This isn't my first hackintosh but the last time it worked better