Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Frustrated with this process. I followed problem 6, and now I get a black screen. So what do you do next? Reload the whole system? Got a EVGA GTX 1060. There are multiple comments on updating nvda settings, but I cannot get past the black screen.
Just boot with nv_disable=1. You are likely getting a black screen because the Web Drivers are loading now and you are using one of the defenitions mentioned in problem #4.

Hi Slim.jim,

I seem to have problem 6 i have installed the Nvida web drivers but when I reboot the manager is still showing OS X Driver, have installed the emuvaribleuefi-64 with rt variables in clover but still get the same result, also tried intalling the nvidagraphicsfixup.kext and lilu.kext to no avil, can you help?

imac 14,2, i5 3750k, P8-H61MX-USB3,GTX970

Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just boot with nv_disable=1. You are likely getting a black screen because the Web Drivers are loading now and you are using one of the defenitions mentioned in problem #4.
Thanks @slim.jim I was able to boot with that clover option...did not realize I could do that. SO is method #1 for the black screen the best approach? I am having issues w/ installing Kext Beast at the moment.

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks @slim.jim I was able to boot with that clover option...did not realize I could do that. SO is method #1 for the black screen the best approach? I am having issues w/ installing Kext Beast at the moment.
Method #1 is what I use and it is update proof.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming-K7
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
@slim.jim Ok, I'm confused. Isn't your fix in Problem 6 obsolete? I thought, as of macOS Sierra, NvidiaWeb=True is now the correct setting (See this post- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/).

Problem 6: You select Nvidia Web Drivers in the menu bar or the Nvidia Driver Manager preference pane but when you restart OS X Default Graphics Driver is checked.
This is caused when your board does not have native NVRAM support such as Gigabyte 100 series boards.

Fix:
setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
@slim.jim Ok, I'm confused. Isn't your fix in Problem 6 obsolete? I thought, as of macOS Sierra, NvidiaWeb=True is now the correct setting (See this post- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/).
No, the Clover boot flag nvda_drv=1 is no longer used since Sierra but the flag is still stored in NVRAM when you choose the web drivers from the Nvidia Driver Manager.

It is stored as:
Code:
<key>nvda_drv</key
    <data>
    MQA=
    </data>

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming-K7
CPU
i5-7600K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
No, the Clover boot flag nvda_drv=1 is no longer used since Sierra but the flag is still stored in NVRAM when you choose the web drivers from the Nvidia Driver Manager.

It is stored as:
Code:
<key>nvda_drv</key
    <data>
    MQA=
    </data>
Thanks, SlimJim. I did not know that. Ya learn something new every day. :thumbup: