Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Pascal Support is HERE!
----------------------------
@slim.jim I'm still having problems with #6. I've followed all of the steps but every time I reboot, my system defaults back to OS X Default Graphics Driver (Intel HD Graphics 630 GT2 7 MB). I'm trying to use the GTX 1060 SSC. Any thoughts? Have their been any changes to these instructions since originally posting? Any advice is much appreciated.

Side note, my monitor is connected using an HDMI connection to the Mobo (Maximus IX Hero) and not the DVI or HDMI on the GTX 1060 SSC. When I switch to the HDMI on the 1060, my monitor says "no connection". When I use the DVI port on the 1060, all transition graphics are "glitchy" and About This Mac says my Graphics is "Display 7 MB". Would this have anything to do with problem #6?

@slim.jim I'm still having problems with #6. I've followed all of the steps but every time I reboot, my system defaults back to OS X Default Graphics Driver (Intel HD Graphics 630 GT2 7 MB). I'm trying to use the GTX 1060 SSC. Any thoughts? Have their been any changes to these instructions since originally posting? Any advice is much appreciated.

Side note, my monitor is connected using an HDMI connection to the Mobo (Maximus IX Hero) and not the DVI or HDMI on the GTX 1060 SSC. When I switch to the HDMI on the 1060, my monitor says "no connection". When I use the DVI port on the 1060, all transition graphics are "glitchy" and About This Mac says my Graphics is "Display 7 MB". Would this have anything to do with problem #6?

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
May need to update Clover
Install web drivers
Update web drivers to ensure that you have the correct version.
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Config.plist - Disable SIP fully - CsrActiveConfig 0x67
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
May need to install Lilu.kext , LiluFriend and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions

Potential Problems :
HDMI 2.0 is not supported - Use HDMI 1.4 (or lower)
If your graphics card has more than one output of the type that you are using then try another one.
Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

None of these solutions seem to work anymore. Is there a more up-to-date post relevant to 10.12.6 and z270?

Thanks

None of these solutions seem to work anymore. Is there a more up-to-date post relevant to 10.12.6 and z270?

Thanks

Everything is still relevant to the most recent macOS and 200 series boards.

hello

what do you mean by "correct boot order"?
drives or else?

thx

I have an NVMe Drive and an SSD in my System. As Simple as it sounds I booted Clover from my NVMe that I have not yet running with 10.12.12 so all the changes I made did not effect the config.plist i was booting from. So I changed my boot order to the SSD I have been editing my config.plist on, and found my system running just fine.

That said, my new GTX 1060 arrived, I swapped it out with my GTX Titan and I have the black screen problem, and can't find any of the solutions working.

I'm just update my Asus GeForce GTX 780 to Gigabyte gtx 1080 but the osx doesn't boot, this is my error, please help me
thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5392.JPG
    IMG_5392.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 114
thank you for the answer, but i don't have FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext in S/Library/Extension
Perhaps you installed it to /System/Library/Extensions not /Library/Extensions.
Wherever you put it it is the source of your problem.

Back