Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z270M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i5-6600K SkyLake 3.5 GHz
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan), 06G-P4-6163-KR, 6GB GDDR5
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
Android
Make sure your SMBIOS is that of a device that supports both those features.
I also don't have the Overscan/Underscan slider. SMBIOS is 14,2
I just put in a EVGA 1060 6gb card and when connected to the tv my menu bar and dock are cut off. I tried all sorts of resolutions and held down the options button and tried to click on detect displays and nothing happens. Not sure if there is something I need to do or what?

Motherboard
Asus H-81M-E
CPU
i5 4440
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 2gb OC
Mobile Phone
Android
No HDMI signal on Gigabyte GTX 1050...

Hello, I have this configuration:
1) CPU - I5 4440
2) Mobo Asus H81M-E
3) GPU Gigabyte GTX 1050 2GB - https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1050OC-2GD#kf

I did:
Fresh Sierra install 10.12.6 using latest clover + latests Nvidia web drivers. But when I try to boot without nv_disable=1, I got "Nohdmi " and signal losts from my monitor.
I'm using SmBios iMac 14,2 and I've also tried to Mac Pro 6,1 or iMac 17,1 (with AMGDP or Lily + Nvidiafix kext) but still no luck. Also disabled iGPU (anyway my mobo has no hdmi ports).
Also I tried to set NvidiaWeb= true in my config.plist and used RC scripts + NVRAM fix in clover settings. Still no luck...

What should I try next?

Here is my config.plist

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-H370N
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
HD630
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm trying to get the web driver activated for my video card following the steps on Problem 6, but after updating Clover and selecting the EmuVariableUefi-64 option and restarting I get stuck, after the progress bar during the reboot reaches half point the screen goes blank. I was able to get video from the mobo HDMI output and confirm that the web driver was active but I can't get a signal from the video card. I'm using an HDMI port in case that makes a difference.
Any advice?

slim.jim

Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I also don't have the Overscan/Underscan slider. SMBIOS is 14,2
I just put in a EVGA 1060 6gb card and when connected to the tv my menu bar and dock are cut off. I tried all sorts of resolutions and held down the options button and tried to click on detect displays and nothing happens. Not sure if there is something I need to do or what?
Check your TV settings. On my small Samsung TV there is a port labeled HDMI/DVI. I must use that port but the port must also be named PC in the tv's settings.

Motherboard
Asus H-81M-E
CPU
i5 4440
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 2gb OC
Mobile Phone
Android
B
No HDMI signal on Gigabyte GTX 1050...

Hello, I have this configuration:
1) CPU - I5 4440
2) Mobo Asus H81M-E
3) GPU Gigabyte GTX 1050 2GB - https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1050OC-2GD#kf

I did:
Fresh Sierra install 10.12.6 using latest clover + latests Nvidia web drivers. But when I try to boot without nv_disable=1, I got "Nohdmi " and signal losts from my monitor.
I'm using SmBios iMac 14,2 and I've also tried to Mac Pro 6,1 or iMac 17,1 (with AMGDP or Lily + Nvidiafix kext) but still no luck. Also disabled iGPU (anyway my mobo has no hdmi ports).
Also I tried to set NvidiaWeb= true in my config.plist and used RC scripts + NVRAM fix in clover settings. Still no luck...

What should I try next?

Here is my config.plist
Nah, i'm done with this card, hdmi is not working here. Replaced with windforce 2 (same model with 3x hdmi ports) and everything works fine

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z270M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i5-6600K SkyLake 3.5 GHz
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan), 06G-P4-6163-KR, 6GB GDDR5
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
Android
Check your TV settings. On my small Samsung TV there is a port labeled HDMI/DVI. I must use that port but the port must also be named PC in the tv's settings.
I only have HDMI, VGA, and Component. I haven't tried my smart tv yet but the scaling worked fine at least on my smart tv when I was using only iGPU. Is there anything that I can do to enable it without braking anything else? lol

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-B150M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i5 6500
Graphics
Intel HD 530
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS,
I'm trying to get the web driver activated for my video card following the steps on Problem 6, but after updating Clover and selecting the EmuVariableUefi-64 option and restarting I get stuck, after the progress bar during the reboot reaches half point the screen goes blank. I was able to get video from the mobo HDMI output and confirm that the web driver was active but I can't get a signal from the video card. I'm using an HDMI port in case that makes a difference.
Any advice?
I am also facing same problem. It has been 5-6 hours. Please someone help.

Update. Thank God, it got solved. To solve this I tried to follow the solution for Problem #6 given in first post of this thread but still got blank screen after the bar loads upto half length during boot. Just do one more thing, CHANGE YOUR "SYSTEM DEFINITION" other than iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro 6,1. Reboot and done.

Hayflick,
To solve this I tried to follow the solution for Problem #6 given in first post of this thread but still got blank screen after the bar loads up to half length during boot. Just do one more thing, CHANGE YOUR "SYSTEM DEFINITION" other than iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro 6,1. Reboot and done.

Motherboard
GA-H370N
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
HD630
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
To solve this I tried to follow the solution for problem no 6 given in first post of this thread but still got blank screen after the bar loads upto half length during boot. Just do one more thing, CHANGE YOUR "SYSTEM DEFINITION" other than iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro 6,1. Reboot and done.
Thanks for the advice. I was able to solve the problem by deselecting the Inject NVDIA option in Clover configuration's setting at the boot screen. The only problem is that I have to "remind" Clover not to inject those every time I restart my system. After completing the installation of Sierra I wasn't able to have it recognize my video card (the video output would work but no video card would appear in the System Report so I selected the option to inject NVIDIA driver from MultiBeast, that was my mistake.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG Hero 9
CPU
Intel i7 7700k
Graphics
nVidia EVGA FE 1080GTX
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Make sure you are using the correct SMBIOS. The black screen fix for me was enabling CSM in my BIOS